+ Reply to Thread

OL, CB, DL, LB in the 1st

I believe (in that order) are the only positions that make sense for us in the 1st round.

I believe the big 5 linemen will be gone, leaving Fluker.. I don't think o-line will be the pick at #19

So, you've determined that only 9 positions (11 if you want to count 3 CB positions), as the only ones that make sense in the first round? Way to narrow it down.

We all know the pick won't be a QB, RB, WR, Kicker, or punter so you're basically saying out of the remaining 10 positions (TE, T, G, C, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, S) that the pick won't be a safety or a TE... lol now it's so clear!

The pick will be defense. I guarantee it.
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 04-03-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    We all know the pick won't be a QB, RB, WR, Kicker, or punter so you're basically saying out of the remaining 10 positions (TE, T, G, C, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB, S) that the pick won't be a safety or a TE... lol now it's so clear!

The pick will be defense. I guarantee it.
    You forgot to mention FB bro, people are going to get confused now

xavier rhodes is the dream pick imo. He could pair with prince and play man press on the outside..no more soft zones and easy slants/outs, etc

LB

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I believe the big 5 linemen will be gone, leaving Fluker.. I don't think o-line will be the pick at #19
    not a chance fluker is picked at 19 especially when better prospects were passed over in recent years. jerry values his D and not so much OL in the 1st. In fact, historically the giants don't go OL in the 1st, the last was 14 years ago. Fluker is atrocious against the run plus he has terrible footwork and that in itself will remove him from contention. if they are taking an OL in the 1st he has to be able to run AND pass block. they can get an OL in a later round with much better value. fluker is gonna slide to the 2nd round because he will most likely be moved to gaurd at the pro level. CB or DE will probably be the pick although it should be LB.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 04-05-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Where we sit in the Draft you never know who may fall to you, that said I would see JR and TC going for value (remember the Prince pick, didn't seem like we needed a CB that year but the value was there. Given that I have to agree with Carter Flucker will not be our guy in the first round there is just not enough value there, he's not a guarantee to start at RT the position that you would be drafting him. I think there are four or five guys that if they drop (the X man is one of them). Value will be the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Where we sit in the Draft you never know who may fall to you, that said I would see JR and TC going for value (remember the Prince pick, didn't seem like we needed a CB that year but the value was there. Given that I have to agree with Carter Flucker will not be our guy in the first round there is just not enough value there, he's not a guarantee to start at RT the position that you would be drafting him. I think there are four or five guys that if they drop (the X man is one of them). Value will be the theme.
    Yep, all it takes is a team to get antsy and pick something unexpected or not turn their pick in on time. It could cause a domino effect and cause a run on players. Could possibly cause someone to be at 19 that is not expected. I'm sure Reese has guys on his board that he knows shouldn't be there like Luke Joeckel, but just in case something crazy happens.