+ Reply to Thread

Cowboys' Romo Will Make $26M In 2013

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/the-full-details-on-the-romo-deal/related/

Excerpt: "It took a little while, but the complete and official numbers are in on the contract signed by Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Romo received a $25 million signing bonus. But that payment includes $10 million of the $11.5 million he already was due to earn in 2013, which pushes his base salary down to $1.5 million.
    In addition to the total cash payment of $26.5 million in 2013, Romo will receive $13.5 million in fully guaranteed money in 2014.

That’s a two-year haul of $40 million." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It's all front-loaded, so whatever.

What i found funny on Twitter Jaguar fans were making fun of this. I was like you guys wouldnt take Romo and his contract your team won 2 games last year.

Unfortunately for Cowboy fans, there's something Romo hasn't been making for 3 straight season now and most likely won't be making in 2013. The playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What i found funny on Twitter Jaguar fans were making fun of this. I was like you guys wouldnt take Romo and his contract your team won 2 games last year.
    why? Jags have Gabbert the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's all front-loaded, so whatever.
    Actually, complete opposite. The 25mil he's earning this year is just his bonus being paid out instantaneously. His base is only 1.5 mil this year for an 11 mil cap hit.

That number swells to 21mil and 25mil for the next two years, where they have already restructured a ton of contracts to those years and have impending free agencies with the likes of Sean Lee, Bruce Carter and Dez Bryant.