DEVIN TAYLOR REESE! Could be a huge steal
Was watching his east west shrine game tape, the guy has the size and athleticism, reminds me a bit of ansah the way he rushes in to make tackes. He has a nice bull rush as well. I think if he falls to the 4th, he would be a steal, to me he's similar to dion jordan and could have time to develop.
I like thomas as a semi project....but imo he won't last past the 3rd....he's got the upside, awesome size/speed, decent against the run & gets in the backfield a lot but just missed a lot of sacks by a hair...
Definitely a project player but a lot to like with him.
Positives I see:
1) Great hustle
2) Chops and wraps like a pro. Love his chop move on the ball (as opposed to slapping).
3) Really nice first step (puts the LT on his heels from the get go).
4) Solid tackler (wraps up well).
5) Nice edge-to-bull rush move. Utilizes that good first step well.
6) Nice full stride speed
Things I don't like:
1) Doesn't set the edge well. Would get absolutely abused by pro-level option and trap offenses.
2) Not very flexible ... has issues changing directions and getting back up to speed.
3) As #2, doesn't have the flexibility to dip under/past the LT which makes his speed rush very limited.
4) Needs to complain about getting held more
I wouldn't blow a third on this guy.
In the 4th+ possibly ... but we have projects we're working with already.
I wouldn't call him a steal though (in any round).
Last edited by Kruunch; 04-05-2013 at 03:38 PM.
He has nowhere near the hips of Dion Jordan. Dion Jordan can change directions quickly. Devin Taylor has straight line speed but he lacks quickness.I dont mind him but not till the 3rd day. I would add mediocre instincts to your weakness list as well
Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22
Just love his size and speed. The athleticism duo of JPP and Devin Taylor would create alot of turnovers.