1 Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    2 Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    3 David Bakhtiari, OT, Colorado
    4 Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
    5 Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
    6 Ty Powell, OLB, Harding
    7 Cory Grissom, DT, South Florida
    7 Eric Herman, OG, Ohio

I like Trufant a lot. Ellington would be nice in the 4th. Do not know a whole lot about the other players but it is nice to see some fresh names in a mock. I will have to check the others out but looks pretty good to me.

Appreciate it Strick. I think I addressed most of the Giants' needs here. Here's my reasoning behind my picks:

Trufant - logical successor to Corey Webster who really showed his age last season.
    Montgomery - D-Line will need help with Osi going to the ATL. Monty spouted off about dedication at the combine, but I think Big Blue has enough motivators in Coach Coughlin, Tuck and Pierre-Paul to help the man along.
    Bakhtiari - O-Line fortification.
    Ellington - No confidence in our current RB's especially with Bradshaw gone. I do hope he's there then.
    Hamilton - Hope Cruz is back, but Hamilton is a gem here in the fifth and would be great insurance in case Victor leaves.
    Powell - Small school linebacker, but have seen some great reports on him, and he did very well at the combine. Strengthen the LB corps here.
    Grissom - Depth for the D-Line
    Herman - Depth for the O-Line

I'll also wager the Giants find a nice player or two in UFA's as well.

I'd be okay with Trufant in the first although I don't prefer him. I REALLY don't like Sam Montgomery. I was never overly impressed with his film and I have animosity towards his statement of taking games off. I think that statement resonated to other teams as well. I think he goes 3rd round or later.

I'm a fan of Andre Ellington. I tried bringing his name up here last year and people shot me down. He'd be good value in the 4th and could help on returns also. I've watched him play a lot and he's faster than his 40 time indicates.

Some of the other names I need to do some research on. It's my day off so I'll be happy to do just that.

Looks pretty good I read quite a few reports in powell that were saying he is a good prospect who could be a steal in the mid-later rounds. Montgomery would be a nice add I think. All the needs are covered here and some depth would be covered as well. I do expect us to bring in some nice UDFA as well so this draft would play out pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'd be okay with Trufant in the first although I don't prefer him. I REALLY don't like Sam Montgomery. I was never overly impressed with his film and I have animosity towards his statement of taking games off. I think that statement resonated to other teams as well. I think he goes 3rd round or later.

I'm a fan of Andre Ellington. I tried bringing his name up here last year and people shot me down. He'd be good value in the 4th and could help on returns also. I've watched him play a lot and he's faster than his 40 time indicates.

Some of the other names I need to do some research on. It's my day off so I'll be happy to do just that.
    I agree with you about Montgomery.

Banned
    This Montgomery thing is completely overblown. People have driven drunk, or smoked pot or raped people and get less flack than what Montgomery said.

I like Trufant as the safe pick.

I'm not a Montgomery fan as well (and wow has his stock fallen).

Waiting until the 6th for a LBer would just leave me frustrated with this team regarding that position (again).

The rest is fairly solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    This Montgomery thing is completely overblown. People have driven drunk, or smoked pot or raped people and get less flack than what Montgomery said.
    I'd rather a guy admit to doing drugs than admit to not trying hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'd rather a guy admit to doing drugs than admit to not trying hard.
    I agree completely, I mean with a good locker room and environment you can keep someone on a short leash but someone who lacks effort and has admitted it is completely unpredictable. I would rather have someone with less talent and put it all out there compared to someone who is more talented but takes plays off..