+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Holiday surprise: Osi returns to practice!

The Giants aren’t kidding about being “all in” this week against the Dallas Cowboys. Even Osi Umenyiora might be “in”.

In clearly the most shocking news of the day, Umenyiora, who wasn’t even supposed to test his injured ankle until later this week, will be on the practice field on Wednesday, according to Tom Coughlin. The banged-up defensive end will likely be limited, but considering it’s his first practice since he hurt his ankle on Nov. 28, it’s still big news.

Coughlin said Umenyiora has already tested his injured ankle and injured knee, and he obviously has been cleared by Giants doctors to return.

“He’s tested everything. Lots of times,” Coughlin said. “That’s what he’s been doing. He’s been working his tail off. He just hasn’t been able to get right.”

He was believed to be so far from being “right” that a source close to Umenyiora said on Monday that his return could still be a “couple more weeks” away. The source added that Umenyiora planned to test his ankle on Thursday or Friday and might be able to push up his time table if he felt OK.

Whether or not Umenyiora is actually able to play on Sunday night when the Giants face the Dallas Cowboys obviously depends on how his ankle responds to whatever work he does on the field this week.

BY RALPH VACCHIANO

Re: Holiday surprise: Osi returns to practice!

[quote user="NjErzeY88"]The Giants aren’t kidding about being “all in” this week against the Dallas Cowboys. Even Osi Umenyiora might be “in”.

In clearly the most shocking news of the day, Umenyiora, who wasn’t even supposed to test his injured ankle until later this week, will be on the practice field on Wednesday, according to Tom Coughlin. The banged-up defensive end will likely be limited, but considering it’s his first practice since he hurt his ankle on Nov. 28, it’s still big news.

Coughlin said Umenyiora has already tested his injured ankle and injured knee, and he obviously has been cleared by Giants doctors to return.

“He’s tested everything. Lots of times,” Coughlin said. “That’s what he’s been doing. He’s been working his tail off. He just hasn’t been able to get right.”

He was believed to be so far from being “right” that a source close to Umenyiora said on Monday that his return could still be a “couple more weeks” away. The source added that Umenyiora planned to test his ankle on Thursday or Friday and might be able to push up his time table if he felt OK.

Whether or not Umenyiora is actually able to play on Sunday night when the Giants face the Dallas Cowboys obviously depends on how his ankle responds to whatever work he does on the field this week.

BY RALPH VACCHIANO[/quote]Hoping that this is a Willis Reed situation.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Am I the only one not entirely happy about this?

Do we need a gimp taking away significant snaps from JPP. . .or moving him to a position he's not very good at yet??

Take your time, Osi.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Great News remember our Superbowl run with OSI, TUCK,STRAHAN all in at he same time well make way for JPP, TUCK,OSI.....SACKS anyone? Romo is done first half.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="NjErzeY88"]The Giants aren’t kidding about being “all in” this week against the Dallas Cowboys. Even Osi Umenyiora might be “in”.

BY RALPH VACCHIANO[/quote]Hoping that this is a Willis Reed situation.[/quote]

Not entirely familiar. . .could you please explain?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Bench Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84v5cazK8lc

just watch that and you will learn

Bench Player

IMO...Osi was waiting until the Giants had good hopes to be in the playoffs. I had felt if they beat the Skins he would have practiced last week. With the Jets win I knew he would be at practice this week. When he saw the December colapse happening he figured why bother risking further injury for nothing. I'll be somewhere esle next year and I dont have to audition. They rest of the league knows what I can do.

I hope he plays back up to JPP. Thats where he belongs.

I think on 3rd and long they will go Tuck and Cantyto DT and JPP and OSi to DEs

The last game I saw Osi play .... he looked like a chihuahua trying to knock over an English Mastiff.... he just kept bouncing off the guy. If that is what we are getting from him in this game, I say no thanks.

Veteran

This is excellent news! We need everyone out there on sunday!