+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Cooper. I think he has the edge because of his versatility, which is a major plus for our (really any) OL lately.
    Because Cooper was tried at center during workouts does not mean that Chance cannot do the same thing. The primary reason we are seeing people not move chance from guard to other positions is because he is the most dominant guard to come out in a long time.

cooper might make more sense for us as a team tho. i too agree chance is one of the top prospects of the draft. but cooper pulls and moves better, and has better footwork in pass protection. while chance may be better, it isn't by much at all. and certain players do fit certain schemes better than others. that isnt to say chance wouldnt fit our scheme like a glove, its just we know that cooper has a skill set more tuned for a pass oriented offense/agile run game offense as compared to a power run game/PA offense where Chance would seemingly fit better...

give me either and despite what i wrote above, i believe chance has the better career and i'd prefer him over cooper slightly, only due to the fact that whatever area cooper may top chance, chance can still improve in said aspect. although, cooper just wont have that ability chance has to literally throw around DTs like rag dolls...and that really doesnt slight cooper bc really, i dont know of another G in the league today that can throw around DT's like Chance...

ur basically guaranteed a conversion on a 3rd/4th and short if you run behind Chance...cant say the same for Cooper

Both will be gone but if a miracle happens I'll take Warmack hands down.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Warmack. No doubt.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Warmack. No doubt.
    ^this but he will be long gone. I'd rather pass on OG in 1st since Warmack won't be there.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Warmack could be the next Steve Hutchinson.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Can i say C) Larry Warford???lol Nah, honestly though i see Larry Warford as the 2nd best G in the country and only slightly behind warmack, as more of a 1 A and 1 B type situaton, and COoper behind them, albeit, there all solid G prospects.. Warford is extremely underrated maybe because he plays at Kentucky or something, but hes a absoule monster of a road grader who isn't dissimlar to Warmack in that way, and they both have quick feet for players there size, and can both pass protect as well.. Larry Warford is gonna be a longtime All pro, in my opinion.. A guy that size that can pull and trap, and has quick feet, and can sustain his blocks, while also anchoring against strong bull rushing types is the complete package in my book..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Can i say C) Larry Warford???lol Nah, honestly though i see Larry Warford as the 2nd best G in the country and only slightly behind warmack, as more of a 1 A and 1 B type situaton, and COoper behind them, albeit, there all solid G prospects.. Warford is extremely underrated maybe because he plays at Kentucky or something, but hes a absoule monster of a road grader who isn't dissimlar to Warmack in that way, and they both have quick feet for players there size, and can both pass protect as well.. Larry Warford is gonna be a longtime All pro, in my opinion.. A guy that size that can pull and trap, and has quick feet, and can sustain his blocks, while also anchoring against strong bull rushing types is the complete package in my book..
    Could Warford be there for us in the 2nd?

Here's a question . . . . how do you think Fluker would compare with Warmack and Cooper if he played guard?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Could Warford be there for us in the 2nd?

Here's a question . . . . how do you think Fluker would compare with Warmack and Cooper if he played guard?
    To be honest my friend, if i make my usual yearly thread around this time entitled "what players could be surprise 1st rd picks that aren't really perdicted to go there right now", Larry Warford would be one of my couple guys i had on that short list.. With that said, i would have to say no.. I see him possibly sneaking into the1st or going the first 10picks of the 2nd rd... I would love the value of him in RD2 though, albeit i like Khaseem Greene for RD2 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't personally think he's QUITE as close to Warmack as you suggest, but I'm a huge fan of his. They will both be elite in the NFL. With Warmack pretty much a lock to be gone by our pick, Warford is the guy I've been targeting for us in previous mocks. Interesting that they both have War in their names. I agree with your assessment of his abilities too. He's a frickin tank.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)