+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I don't personally think he's QUITE as close to Warmack as you suggest, but I'm a huge fan of his. They will both be elite in the NFL. With Warmack pretty much a lock to be gone by our pick, Warford is the guy I've been targeting for us in previous mocks. Interesting that they both have War in their names. I agree with your assessment of his abilities too. He's a frickin tank.
    I agree. Wafford is a fine prospect and if you asked me which of the we are most likely to take, I would say Wafford simply because I still don't Chance will be around at 19 and am not sure if Cooper is a good value at 19.

But if you want me to answer which is the better player? That easy it is Warmack, and it is by a good bit.

I have us taking Warford in the second in my mock. But as far as Warmack vs. Cooper Warmack is the easy choice if both were available. Both should be gone= Warford round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I have us taking Warford in the second in my mock. But as far as Warmack vs. Cooper Warmack is the easy choice if both were available. Both should be gone= Warford round 2.
    I like Warford or Barrett Jones in the 2nd..

barret jones in the 2nd, while i wouldnt hate it, wouldnt be the best value. rather him in the 3rd. while he is versatile, he lacks the upper strength to be dominant, or even to not struggle with DT's. He also plays upright sometimes too often. He'd be a solid player dont get me wrong, just dunno of a 2nd rd pick.

and to the guys saying warmack over cooper and its easy are underestimating 2 things, cooper and players performing better in schemes suited to their strengths.

Chance will be fine in any offense, however, he'd be best suited for a power down hill run game/PA pass game offense. Chance doesnt have elite athleticism or agility when comparing to his strength and engaging abilities. he has elite strength and skills playing in a phone booth. he will toss DT's around like rag dolls. While he'll do just fine in pass protection, he's clearly better in run blocking.

Whereas Cooper moves much better in space. And, in our finesse style run game we've evolved into, having a G who can move in space is paramount to pulling and trapping with the G. Further, Cooper probably is the better pass protecting G compared to Chance. Its close, but the footwork of Cooper prob gives him he slight edge. Remember, in pass pro, G's are dropping into a back pedal really, well, really their momentum is moving them backwards. You cant really rag doll DT's from that position compared to shooting off the LOS and lighting a DT up. So in that regard Cooper is prob slightly better.

So, lets rehash that in a more simple way. Cooper moves better in space (pulls, traps better) and pass blocks with slightly better technique (footwork). In our offense, those two things are paramount to G play.

That said, I'd still take Chance and not even think about it. Just saying, Cooper is a fine prospect in his own right and honestly, probably makes more sense for our particular offense. It'd be a dream getting him in the 2nd...and, Warford is a good prospect, but you're kidden yourself if you have him ahead of Cooper and on Warmacks near level....

The crazy thing about all the talk Fluker, Warmack and Jones get... is that there's a guy on Alabama's line named Anthony Steen that looked just as impressive as all of them! He's just staying for his senior year. I will be watching him a lot this year and if we still need OL help in next year's draft, he'll probably be the guy I'm talking about. Also Cyrus Kouandijo who wasn't eligible but looked like a future top 10 pick at LT. Dude is massive and moves extremely well. It's no wonder their RBs do so well with the talent they have in front of them.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I don't personally think he's QUITE as close to Warmack as you suggest, but I'm a huge fan of his. They will both be elite in the NFL. With Warmack pretty much a lock to be gone by our pick, Warford is the guy I've been targeting for us in previous mocks. Interesting that they both have War in their names. I agree with your assessment of his abilities too. He's a frickin tank.
    I think Warfords as good as it gets.. I honestly think if warford played on Alabama, he'd be talked about a top 20pick.. Hes so good!

Big strong fat guys are easy to find. Big strong fat guys that can move are not. A 300lber that can kick out and mow down a lb 15 yards down the field is a wonderful thing.

I would never take a guard in round 1 but if given the choice I would take Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like Warford or Barrett Jones in the 2nd..
    I could live with that!

Got to go with Warmack

Larry Warford just plays on the wrong team, end of story.. Hes a mamouth man with long arms and can get out and move his feet, and can run block as good as anyone as well as pass block.. He dominated Shariff Floyd and kept him from getting to the QB, as well as Sheldon RIchardson, and John Jenkins of GA... He has power and finesse.. Hes a complete player who is seriously underrtaed as far as being in the top of the top at G...