+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Personally I don't care if cruz stays or leaves. But to those who discredit his ball skills, here are some plays you might want to consider watching.

Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

~Big Mike~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Cruz
    Where are the 2012/2013 videos of those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Where are the 2012/2013 videos of those plays.
    yeah and about the plays against the Bengals and Falcons last season?

I think that Cruz has better big-playmaking ability, but Welker is an awesome slot receiver as well. I would have been happy with Wes for 2 years if the Giants had signed him thinking that they can't keep Cruz long term.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I think that Cruz has better big-playmaking ability, but Welker is an awesome slot receiver as well. I would have been happy with Wes for 2 years if the Giants had signed him thinking that they can't keep Cruz long term.
    So cruz came into the league older then most, so I guess he figures this is is one and only shot at a payday. If he signs a 3 or 4 year deal, he is not going to get a second big one in this 30s. Welker has had solid seasons season after season, he would be great on the giants because the giants are a team about execution. I think Welker would be like steve smith, mr 3rd down. Cruz is not really a reliable move the chains third down target, he is more of a hybrid deep threat home run hitter. In that regard I think we would be better with welker from a consistency standpoint.

Cruz just wants to much money, he had a 1000 yard season, it would be a mistake to tie up all this money in him. If he gets injured we are toast.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    So cruz came into the league older then most, so I guess he figures this is is one and only shot at a payday. If he signs a 3 or 4 year deal, he is not going to get a second big one in this 30s. Welker has had solid seasons season after season, he would be great on the giants because the giants are a team about execution. I think Welker would be like steve smith, mr 3rd down. Cruz is not really a reliable move the chains third down target, he is more of a hybrid deep threat home run hitter. In that regard I think we would be better with welker from a consistency standpoint.

Cruz just wants to much money, he had a 1000 yard season, it would be a mistake to tie up all this money in him. If he gets injured we are toast.
    How about we let Jerry Reese worry about what's "too much" since we don't have a clue.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I dont think cruz deserves 10+ mil a year, however, the idea that cruz can only rely on his speed and quickness in order to make plays are way overblown and shouldnt be used to argue against him not making top dollar.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I dont think cruz deserves 10+ mil a year, however, the idea that cruz can only rely on his speed and quickness in order to make plays are way overblown and shouldnt be used to argue against him not making top dollar.
    We need to trade him before the wimpish, greedy, imgrate can hold us hostage
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We need to trade him before the wimpish, greedy, imgrate can hold us hostage
    lol
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin