+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Not to mention how vastly superior to Cruz that Megatron is in every aspect of the game.

Well, to anyone in the game.
    That's why I brought up Johnson's 13 drops in his 2nd year. If the best WR in the game dropped that many in his second year, Cruz dropping about the same in his 2nd year is an overblown issue.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    2012 stats

Wes Welker 15 drops/166 targets 9%
    Calvin Johnson 15 drops/199 targets 7.5%
    Victor Cruz 12 drops/137 targets 8.7%

8.7% is a little high, but at age 27 he has a lot of upside and I expect the drop % to come down.

Cruz needs to cut that number in half
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

That's why I brought up Johnson's 13 drops in his 2nd year. If the best WR in the game dropped that many in his second year, Cruz dropping about the same in his 2nd year is an overblown issue.
    Tell me about Calvin's rookie season.

In 2007.

Except that Johnson was significantly younger (meaning less mature, less set in his ways, easier to coach). He was 3 years younger than Cruz than Cruz is now. That is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Tell me about Calvin's rookie season.

In 2007.
    Instead of asking me, why don't YOU tell me about Cruz rookie season and add the value to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Except that Johnson was significantly younger (meaning less mature, less set in his ways, easier to coach). He was 3 years younger than Cruz than Cruz is now. That is significant.
    Let's hope the coaching staff can help Victor perform better.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let's hope the coaching staff can help Victor perform better.
    And most of it is really a focus issue, which considering his past, I unfortunately think may plague him to one degree or another throughout his career.

Instead of asking me, why don't YOU tell me about Cruz rookie season and add the value to the thread.
    The one where he was on IR, or his second year in the NFL where he also dropped 10+ passes.

I assumed since you were showing drop stats, you could tell me Calvin's rookie drop stats. Maybe Welker's too, in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Calvin Johnson dropped 14 passes last year (age 27) in 199 targets. It's a negative for all receivers in the 7%-9% drop rate range, but people bring up it up as a major negative, and it's not.

+ Reply to Thread