+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Let me tell you the real difference between Victor Cruz and Wes Welker.
    Cruz makes plays in huge spots and Welker has had two HUGE drops in the past two years. One cost them a SB chamionship and the other a few months ago changed the AFC chamionship game around and could have been the turning point to prevent the Pats from getting to another SB.

The real reason the Pats made a luke warm effort to keep Welker was that they were sick of his failure to make the play when they needed it.

Cruz on the other hand, made the biggest play of the 2011 season and we would not have won a SB without it. He then went on to have a huge day in the NFC championship game.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    People on here complain that the sun comes up.
    The problem isn't that the sun comes up. It's that it comes up every friggin' day!
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The problem isn't that the sun comes up. It's that it comes up every friggin' day!
    At my age, that's less than guaranteed
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Another Cruz thread. Just what we need! He is a Jersey Boy and probably wants to stay here. He is just trying to get the best contract he can from the Giants IMO. After all he was playing on the cheap for the last 2 years. If he was just looking for more $, he wouldn't have dumped his last agent. If he is smart, he will sign before the preseason to avoid injury issues. If he doesn't he is here 1 more year and Reese will find someone to replace him. For all we know they have agreed to wait until after the draft so that Reese knows what restructuring is needed to pay for everyone. So don't sweat it.
    No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and I am glad VC is not another OSI using the media to annoy everyone. With him signing with Eli's agent and then with another agent to handle his publicity I think he is quite aware of the value of staying with the GMEN, he will make more money off the field in endorsements than he on the field, so I think we just need to let it take its course and VC will be in Blue for a long time without costing the GMEN ther future.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and I am glad VC is not another OSI using the media to annoy everyone. With him signing with Eli's agent and then with another agent to handle his publicity I think he is quite aware of the value of staying with the GMEN, he will make more money off the field in endorsements than he on the field, so I think we just need to let it take its course and VC will be in Blue for a long time without costing the GMEN ther future.
    I don't know how many local endorsements Cruz has, but I'd imagine it's negligible (monetarily speaking) compared to the national endorsements he will likely garner. In the NFL today, you do not need to play in a large market to get national endorsements.
    Last edited by Drez; 04-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I don't know how many local endorsements Cruz has, but I'd imagine it's negligible compared to the national endorsements he will likely garner. In the NFL today, you do not need to play in a large market to get national endorsements.
    I have made the same point on here numerous times and have been flamed for it. I just don't think that anyone has ever really proven -- with concrete dollar numbers -- that NY players earn significantly more in endorsements in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I have made the same point on here numerous times and have been flamed for it. I just don't think that anyone has ever really proven -- with concrete dollar numbers -- that NY players earn significantly more in endorsements in the NFL.
    I'm sure for the average player, endorsement money in NYC is a fair amount more than say in St. Louis.

However, a premier player is going to be looking for more national and international endorsement deals, for which playing in NY is not necessary; just being a premier player in the NFL is enough. Playing in Indy sure didn't hurt Peyton. I guess, there might be some benefit to be gleaned from playing close to a corporate HQ (or operations base) in NYC, but I doubt it is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    It may help. But all we have is judgement. there is no way to prove it one way or the other.
    Not sure that Cruz would have gotten the Campbell's Soup deal if he played for the Chiefs.
    Winning the SB was probably the biggest factor. So I would say that playing for a winner, and therefore getting on National TV more would be a factor.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It may help. But all we have is judgement. there is no way to prove it one way or the other.
    Not sure that Cruz would have gotten the Campbell's Soup deal if he played for the Chiefs.
    Winning the SB was probably the biggest factor. So I would say that playing for a winner, and therefore getting on National TV more would be a factor.
    Had he performed in KC as he had here, he very likely would have gotten the Chunky deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Had he performed in KC as he had here, he very likely would have gotten the Chunky deal.
    I tend to doubt it, but none of us can really know.
    Get well soon 80.