+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    the dif between the two is there are at different stages of their careers, have a different skill sets, play for two different teams, and have had different
    areas of success. Know one can really know what would have happened if either of them was on dif teams. Their success is directly related to the team and systems they play in.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm sure for the average player, endorsement money in NYC is a fair amount more than say in St. Louis.

However, a premier player is going to be looking for more national and international endorsement deals, for which playing in NY is not necessary; just being a premier player in the NFL is enough. Playing in Indy sure didn't hurt Peyton. I guess, there might be some benefit to be gleaned from playing close to a corporate HQ (or operations base) in NYC, but I doubt it is significant.
    I agree. I also heard Toomer on Sirius last week say that the idea that the endorsement money available in NYC is greater than anywhere else is way overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I agree. I also heard Toomer on Sirius last week say that the idea that the endorsement money available in NYC is greater than anywhere else is way overhyped.
    Toomer doesn't have the personality that Cruz does. he's an attractive guy with a great story and he plays in NY. I think all three have at least some effect.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I tend to doubt it, but none of us can really know.
    Had he performed well enough in KC to catch the public eye, then yes, he would have gotten the deal, much like Rodgers playing in a town of 300,000 was able to get a series of national advertisements.

Welker has played like a HoF WR the last 5 years. Cruz is good, but don't compare the 2. Cruz has a long way to go before he matches Welkers production.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Toomer doesn't have the personality that Cruz does. he's an attractive guy with a great story and he plays in NY. I think all three have at least some effect.
    Toomer wasn't really just talking about himself (at least that was my impression). I think that he had an idea of what the "endorsement guys" (Strahan, Tiki, Eli, etc.) were making when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    People on here complain that the sun comes up.
    LOL. That's a fair point and good observation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Who would? Only a complete idiot would attempt to discredit his skills.
    And we sure don't have anyone in that category here due to our robust admission policies.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And we sure don't have anyone in that category here due to our robust admission policies.
    That admission test was tough.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    That admission test was tough.
    +1 We only take the cream of the crop!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80