+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I beg to differ, if he's going to continue playing at a high level if had better be here
    Haha. I suppose out of context, that does look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Haha. I suppose out of context, that does look bad.
    Just having some fun
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And even further, now that Cruz' star is already made, it doesn't really matter where he plays so long as he continues to play at a high level.
    On that I may not agree.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Am I saying that playing in NY doesn't help a player get endorsements? No. I am saying that the degree to which most posters here believe it does is overblown.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Show me the numbers that he made more in endorsements here in NY than he would have made anywhere else.
    Sometimes you have to just go with common sense, you either have it or you don't, sorry, reality can be tuff.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

And even further, now that Cruz' star is already made, it doesn't really matter where he plays so long as he continues to play at a high level.
    If he goes to a team that does not get the game of the week, Sunday and Monday nights he will just be a blip on ESPN and be a forgotten man, no exposure, no deals.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Sometimes you have to just go with common sense, you either have it or you don't, sorry, reality can be tuff.
    Meaning that you have nothing but an unsupported reference to one player who played 40 years ago.

Cruz has special talent

He is Wes Welker but younger and more explosive. He is also able to catch jump balls which Welker does not. Player who get more targets are going to have more drops. Did he have a high drop percentage? How many key drops has Welker had over the years, but he is still considered amazing, which he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Victor Cruz is no different than Deion Branch......Branch was great back in the early 2000's and after a great Super Bowl (Branvh was MVP of the Super Bowl), he thought he was worth much more than the Pats were offering, so he went to Seattle.......and became a nobody......playing with Brady makes ANY receiver look much better than he might be......same thing with Cruz and Eli.......when Cruz leaves he will most likely go to a team with a lesser QB.......and his numbers will drop like a rock.
    So playing with Brady is like playing with Eli... Cruz is better than Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsInSB38 View Post
    He is Wes Welker but younger and more explosive. He is also able to catch jump balls which Welker does not. Player who get more targets are going to have more drops. Did he have a high drop percentage? How many key drops has Welker had over the years, but he is still considered amazing, which he is.
    10+ drops is high regardless of the number of targets. Cruz had several drops that would have resulted in first downs last year.