+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And most of it is really a focus issue, which considering his past, I unfortunately think may plague him to one degree or another throughout his career.
    Meaning he's uncoachable?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Calvin Johnson dropped 14 passes last year in 199 targets. It's a negative for all receivers in the 7%-9% drop rate range, but people bring up it up as a major negative, and it's not.
    Those drops are more forgivable when you set the all time receiving yards record and are essentially the only offensive weapon on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Meaning he's uncoachable?
    Not that he's uncoachable, per se, but just prone to lapses in focus.

Not that he's uncoachable, per se, but just prone to lapses in focus.
    I seem to recall a very talented RB named Tiki Barber who was a fumbling machine learning to not be one through coaching.

Call me the eternal optimist, but I believe people can learn and improve. Cruz has had pretty good positive numbers for the two years he's played. He has been Eli's most productive receiver. Imagine if he can cut his drops in half?

Not uncoachable with the qualifier "per se" = uncoachable
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I seem to recall a very talented RB named Tiki Barber who was a fumbling machine learning to not be one through coaching.

Call me the eternal optimist, but I believe people can learn and improve. Cruz has had pretty good positive numbers for the two years he's played. He has been Eli's most productive receiver. Imagine if he can cut his drops in half?
    Barber's issue was a mechanical one, though, not a mental one. Cruz, even off the field, has shown lapses in focus (his academic troubles, etc.). Sure the coaches can do what they can, and hopefully that will help cut down on the problem, but there's only so much they can do.

Barber's issue was a mechanical one, though, not a mental one. Cruz, even off the field, has shown lapses in focus (his academic troubles, etc.). Sure the coaches can do what they can, and hopefully that will help cut down on the problem, but there's only so much they can do.
    I'm thinking part of Tiki's problem was his concentration as well. But we can agree to disagree.

I'm thinking part of Tiki's problem was his concentration as well. But we can agree to disagree.
    I'm sure some of it was, but it was mostly he was keeping the ball away from his body when facing contact (I suppose it can be argued if that, in and of itself, is a mental or mechanical issue).

I'm sure some of it was, but it was mostly he was keeping the ball away from his body when facing contact (I suppose it can be argued if that, in and of itself, is a mental or mechanical issue).
    I think it's both most of the time. But Cruz needs to get his problem under control

I think it's both most of the time. But Cruz needs to get his problem under control
    On that there is no disagreement.

are u discussing cruz's drops? bc thats an inaccurate statement imo if it is. most of cruz's drops, the ball actually gets onto cruz's body and bounces off. when the ball hit his hands, he almost always is holding on.

and the reason, or part of the reason ( i dont dispute ur comments/points about why, just the how of the drops) is bc he focuses his concentration on the defender from the ball too early. he'll look off looking the ball in to look upfield (or whichever direction depending on defender and location of pass)....