+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Those drops are more forgivable when you set the all time receiving yards record and are essentially the only offensive weapon on the team.
    The issue is drops/targets. Cruz's rate isn't any higher than the best WR in the game, and with Cruz's production it is an overblown issue.

Not to mention age and speed separate them.. Cruz still has more room to grow potential wise... Although he may never replicate his sophomore season #'s. by he can definitely get more consistent with he silly drops making a move before he secures the catch. I also still believe that He has a lot of room to improve an area of blocking...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not that he's uncoachable, per se, but just prone to lapses in focus.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but every player on this team has flaws to their game them, and we can easily argue whether or not their pay is commensurate with their salary.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Dumbest argument

Are we really nitpicking about the age and maturity and drops... You want to point to a negative in Cruz's game, fine, cite a few more drops than average. How many positives does he bring to the table, talents that are not found in too many receivers? On his current climb he will easily be the best slot receiver in the NFL for the next several years. While maybe we can do as well with a less skilled slot WR, it doesnt mean Cruz himself is easily replaceable.
    Not injury prone, big game performances, very likeable, local product... I would be very upset if he didnt stay here long term.

Problem is I would be equally upset about Nicks, and I'm not sure they can get both locked up long term.
    Last edited by GiantsInSB38; 04-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    The issue is drops/targets. Cruz's rate isn't any higher than the best WR in the game, and with Cruz's production it is an overblown issue.
    Agreed.

And us older guys remember Jerry Rice dropping a pass that was right in his hands and would have led to an early 7 pt. lead in the playoffs.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

It doesn't matter what the statistics say about these other receivers. Cruz needs to focus more on catching the football. For 2 season's in a row he's had the habit of taking his eyes off of the ball too soon, and it's resulted in a lot of easy catches that were dropped. . It's an area that Cruz needs to be more consistent in.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Agreed.

And us older guys remember Jerry Rice dropping a pass that was right in his hands and would have led to an early 7 pt. lead in the playoffs.
    Every receiver drops passes. There's nothing wrong with wanting Victor to not be at the forefront in that area.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    It doesn't matter what the statistics say about these other receivers. Cruz needs to focus more on catching the football. For 2 season's in a row he's had the habit of taking his eyes off of the ball too soon, and it's resulted in a lot of easy catches that were dropped. . It's an area that Cruz needs to be more consistent in.
    +1 There's no excuse to be leading the league in drops for 2 years in a row.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Every receiver drops passes. There's nothing wrong with wanting Victor to not be at the forefront in that area.
    No not at all, just making that point based off the multitude of critiques I've read by Drez on Cruz.

When a player has more upside I tend to cut them slack, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    No not at all, just making that point based off the multitude of critiques I've read by Drez on Cruz.

When a player has more upside I tend to cut them slack, but that's just me.
    I think it's best to look at a player's entire body of work. He's still been Eli's most productive receiver for two years running.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread