+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 264

Thread: This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Those drops are more forgivable when you set the all time receiving yards record and are essentially the only offensive weapon on the team.
    The issue is drops/targets. Cruz's rate isn't any higher than the best WR in the game, and with Cruz's production it is an overblown issue.

  2. #182
    Not to mention age and speed separate them.. Cruz still has more room to grow potential wise... Although he may never replicate his sophomore season #'s. by he can definitely get more consistent with he silly drops making a move before he secures the catch. I also still believe that He has a lot of room to improve an area of blocking...

  3. #183
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not that he's uncoachable, per se, but just prone to lapses in focus.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but every player on this team has flaws to their game them, and we can easily argue whether or not their pay is commensurate with their salary.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  4. #184

    Dumbest argument

    Are we really nitpicking about the age and maturity and drops... You want to point to a negative in Cruz's game, fine, cite a few more drops than average. How many positives does he bring to the table, talents that are not found in too many receivers? On his current climb he will easily be the best slot receiver in the NFL for the next several years. While maybe we can do as well with a less skilled slot WR, it doesnt mean Cruz himself is easily replaceable.
    Not injury prone, big game performances, very likeable, local product... I would be very upset if he didnt stay here long term.

    Problem is I would be equally upset about Nicks, and I'm not sure they can get both locked up long term.
    Last edited by GiantsInSB38; 04-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.

  5. #185
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,975
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    The issue is drops/targets. Cruz's rate isn't any higher than the best WR in the game, and with Cruz's production it is an overblown issue.
    Agreed.

    And us older guys remember Jerry Rice dropping a pass that was right in his hands and would have led to an early 7 pt. lead in the playoffs.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  6. #186
    It doesn't matter what the statistics say about these other receivers. Cruz needs to focus more on catching the football. For 2 season's in a row he's had the habit of taking his eyes off of the ball too soon, and it's resulted in a lot of easy catches that were dropped. . It's an area that Cruz needs to be more consistent in.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-10-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  7. #187
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Agreed.

    And us older guys remember Jerry Rice dropping a pass that was right in his hands and would have led to an early 7 pt. lead in the playoffs.
    Every receiver drops passes. There's nothing wrong with wanting Victor to not be at the forefront in that area.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  8. #188
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    It doesn't matter what the statistics say about these other receivers. Cruz needs to focus more on catching the football. For 2 season's in a row he's had the habit of taking his eyes off of the ball too soon, and it's resulted in a lot of easy catches that were dropped. . It's an area that Cruz needs to be more consistent in.
    +1 There's no excuse to be leading the league in drops for 2 years in a row.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  9. #189
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,975
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Every receiver drops passes. There's nothing wrong with wanting Victor to not be at the forefront in that area.
    No not at all, just making that point based off the multitude of critiques I've read by Drez on Cruz.

    When a player has more upside I tend to cut them slack, but that's just me.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  10. #190
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    No not at all, just making that point based off the multitude of critiques I've read by Drez on Cruz.

    When a player has more upside I tend to cut them slack, but that's just me.
    I think it's best to look at a player's entire body of work. He's still been Eli's most productive receiver for two years running.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts