+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The issue is drops. I could give a crap about how many drops other receivers have. Cruz drops too many and needs to work on it. End of story.
    +1

However, this conversation is about Cruz, and right now about his drops in particular. It has nothing to do with any other player or what their pay is.
    You can focus on whatever you want.

All I've done is made a case for Victor because I believe his play warrants it. You obviously don't as you have chosen to focus on his shortcomings.

I just find it strange to be critical of one of our top players.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

The issue is drops. I could give a crap about how many drops other receivers have. Cruz drops too many and needs to work on it. End of story.
    And I totally disagree. Saying Cruz drops too many is nitpicking when you look at the many positives he has.

And if he drops too many, then so do Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Johnson, Randal Cobb, Demayrius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker. They all dropped 10+ passes last year too. If that doesn't convince you Cruz's drop rate is normal then nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    And I totally disagree. Saying Cruz drops too many is nitpicking when you look at the many positives he has.

And if he drops too many, then so do Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Johnson, Randal Cobb, Demayrius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker. They all dropped 10+ passes last year too. If that doesn't convince you Cruz's drop rate is normal then nothing will.
    So, just because the other "cool" kids are doing heroin means you should, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

All I've done is made a case for Victor because I believe his play warrants it. You obviously don't as you have chosen to focus on his shortcomings.

I'll remember that the next time you nit pick something about Eli.

So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    +1 There's no excuse to be leading the league in drops for 2 years in a row.
    Maybe the most meaningless stat in all of football. The guy who leads the league in drops is always a top WR.
    You don't get a lot of drop without a lot of targets and catches.
    Get well soon 80.

So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?
    With 80+ catches, 1000+ yards and 10 TD's?

Damn right it is!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Maybe the most meaningless stat in all of football. The guy who leads the league in drops is always a top WR.You don't get a lot of drop without a lot of targets and catches.
    Except a lot of those drops he was WIDE OPEN or had the ball in his hands, and he drops it.

Eli is one of our top players and you've been critical of him in the past. Everyone has things they need to improve on.
    Every receiver is going to drop passes. I just think cruz drops too many easy ones.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~