+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Except a lot of those drops he was WIDE OPEN or had the ball in his hands, and he drops it.
    Drops are drops, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, just because the other "cool" kids are doing heroin means you should, too?
    Awful analogy, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?
    When you get as many targets as Cruz does, yes. It's not about number of drops. It's about drop percentage. and Cruz drop percentage is in line with all the guys I listed in my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Drops are drops, no?
    Yes, but no. Dropping a contested pass even though you got both hands on the football, diving for a catch and missing it, getting only 1 foot in bounce on a catch, dropping a pass that is thrown too high or too low or behind you are all understandable. Once in awhile dropping a wide open uncontested pass is understandable.

Consistently dropping the football because you take your eyes off of the ball is a problem. Its not a huge problem but its something that needs to be worked on and can be easily prevented.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-10-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Yes, but no. Dropping a contested pass even though you got both hands on the football, diving for a catch and missing it, getting only 1 foot in bounce on a catch, dropping a pass that is thrown too high or too low or behind you are all understandable. Once in awhile dropping a wide open uncontested pass is understandable.

Consistently dropping the football because you take your eyes off of the ball is a problem.
    I have said that all along. But, as with Eli's inconsistency at times, I prefer not to focus on Cruz's drops as both of their upsides far outweigh the negatives.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Awful analogy, and it has nothing to do with the topic.
    How does it not? You're saying all the other "cool" receivers are dropping passes, so it's okay for Cruz to drop passes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

Consistently dropping the football because you take your eyes off of the ball is a problem. Its not a huge problem but its something that needs to be worked on and can be easily prevented.
    You guys and your dropped passes. Its a way overrated stat.

Every receiver drops passes. Every WR drops passes when they are wide open. I would suggest that tends to be the time when most drops happen. Jerry Rice dropped passes. TO led the league more than once in dropped passes and he's going to the HOF. Its a preoccupation with a meaningless fact.

When you catch as many balls and get as many targets as Victor Cruz you are going to drop passes. These guys aren't machines for God's sake,
    Guys who don't get open, guys who don't make plays, guys who don't get the balls thrown to them in big spots, NEVER lead the league in drops.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Drops are drops, no?
    Sure, drops are drops. Every receiver has drops. Not every receiver leads the league in drops 2 years in a row either. Not knocking Cruz (I love my hubby). Just something he needs to work on.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You guys and your dropped passes. Its a way overrated stat.

Ive never looked at stats for drops. I dont even know where you find it. All i'm saying is, consistently dropping passes because you're more focused on making a play after the catch is something that cruz needs to work on. If Jerry rice did it then its something that he should have and probably worked on. Kobe Bryant was being compared to Jordan as far back as 7 years ago. Now at the age of 34 he feels he is better now then when he was in his 20's. Thats because he improved on the things he felt he needed to get better at.

It doesn't matter who you are. Adrian Peterson and Tiki barber worked on their fumble problems. If Calvin Johnson consistently drops easy passes when he is wide open because he takes his eyes off of the ball, then thats something he should work to improve on also.

This is not about stats. Its about an area that cruz needs to improve in.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Sure, drops are drops. Every receiver has drops. Not every receiver leads the league in drops 2 years in a row either. Not knocking Cruz (I love my hubby). Just something he needs to work on.
    I actually don't think Cruz "lead the League" in either year, but he's had more than enough drops either way.