+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mock... Rounds 1-5

2012 Mock... Rounds 1-5

Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT.

Round3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat.

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

Re: 2012 Mock... Rounds 1-5

meh not a real big fan of this mock. I'm too scared of Burfict in the first

Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds

[quote user="gmen0820"]Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds[/quote]

Devon Still is a serious talent, but I dont see the Giants grabbing another DT high in this draft. Kuechly will be gone by the time we pick. Although, if he is there then absolutely! I feel like Curry would be a nice fit, but not in round two... bigger needs. Potter is a solid choice in round three and Doug Martin is a great pick! Reynolds not crazy about.

2014 Draft:

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]Devon Still or Luke Kuechly, Vinny Curry, Nate Potter, Doug Martin, Matt Reynolds[/quote]

Devon Still is a serious talent, but I dont see the Giants grabbing another DT high in this draft. Kuechly will be gone by the time we pick. Although, if he is there then absolutely! I feel like Curry would be a nice fit, but not in round two... bigger needs. Potter is a solid choice in round three and Doug Martin is a great pick! Reynolds not crazy about.

[/quote]I love Still. I really think we will prioritize DT this year. I'm obsessed with Vinny Curry, I don't see him getting past the 2nd, I don't even see him making it to us in the second, I'm just being hopeful. I love Potter as well and I really like Doug Martin.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT.

Round*3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat.

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro

[/quote]
    Hey itus...
    Heres my opinion
    BPA BPA BPA BPA BPA! JK LOL...well not really
    but heres my position on your draft order, of course, completely my own opinion...

Burfict....I, like you, would take kuechly over burfict every single time. But you are right, he will NOT be there. If DB kirkpatrick is there, from bama, that would be tough between him and burfict.

RT I disagree with bc I believe they are grooming James brewer for the rt of the future, as petrus for guard of the future. we groom OL very well.

I would do JPP backflips on spikes if Martin was there at rd 4, but his bowl game performance put a stamp on him that he will be drafted in the first 2 rds.

IMO!

1.LB-Luke kuechly
    2.DT- Jerel worthy
    3.WR- Jordan white
    4.RB-Isaiah Pead

FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S)

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"]1.LB-Luke kuechly
    2.DT- Jerel worthy
    3.WR- Jordan white
    4.RB-Isaiah Pead

FA- BPA (Oline,DT,S)[/quote]

Idk who white is it everything else I would love. we don't need a WR. Still got Barden and jernigan

A guy that could be a fantastic pick up is Travis Benjamin from The U! Blazing speed and is an outstanding returner. 5-7 round, this would be a steal!

Barden is done! Jernigan is still raw and needs a lot of coaching.

2014 Draft:

Here's my guess for a possible Reese Draft. Of course, everything is going to get thrown out the damn window when some team overreaches for a QB lol...

1. Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois - JPP has served us well being able to take over the DE spot for Osi and Tuck. As much as I love Tuck and Osi, I worry about both of their futures in regards to injury and contract issues (Osi!). Needs to work on his run game but that can be fixed. Oh and he's really fast at getting to the QB.

2. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin - Both spots at G have their own issues. LG is still up for grabs next season due to Petrus and his pass blocking issues and I highly doubt Boothe will ever land an actual starting job on this team, more so because the coaching staff just doesn't want to give him one. While Snee has been a phenomenal player for us at RG, he has looked a bit old out there at times with his play seeming to decline. Zeitler might not start on day 1 but he would be quality depth on a team that has suffered O-line injuries in recent year.

3. Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas - A solid player at the LB spot with instincts, he could either be the eventual MLB of the future or a possible option at SOLB instead, moving Kiwi back into the DE rotation like he should be at.

4. Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College - The future at Cornerback looks a bit shady. There's no telling how TT will look when he comes back from his injury or if he even will be with us. Prince has looked good and then bad at moments, especially with his game speed. Even then, CB depth is always good. Fletcher is 6'1, 200lbs, and from Boston College. As everyone knows, that's one of the big places the Giants go to for scouting. It just all adds up to me.

5. George Bryan, TE, N.C. State - One of the better blocking TE's in the draft, he could serve as a decent alternative to Ballard and a good 2nd. Even if Ballard does become "that" guy, I don't feel good with Pascoe and Beckum as our TE's.

6. Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford - A gamble pick here in the 6th round, Owusu has the physical tools at 6'2 and a 4.46 40 to become a productive WR but has been an underachiever this season. Perhaps coming to one of the better receiving corps in the league could help him out.

7. Marc Tyler, RB, USC - One of the bigger RB's in the draft, he was suspended for the first game of the season and was also infamous with that TMZ moment when he was drunk. The more I think about this kid, he seems like a future Jacobs who could benefit from a good OL and also has a tendency to have problems keeping his mouth shut .

+ Reply to Thread