+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2012 Mock... Rounds 1-5

BTW, LOVE the Vernon pick. He's also on my wishlist in the later rounds. He's an under the radar guy that could have some major upside. I've seen that guy straight up embarrass OL.

[quote user="critters"]Fluker is sticking around for his redshirt junior year. Speaking of Alabama, Donta Hightower is the LB we should take with our first pick. He has good speed, is great against the run, no character issues and can play standing up or with his hand in the ground. Most importantly he comes from the best defensive system in college football so he'll be excellent at "quarterbacking" the defense... not to mention he's an SEC guy, the conference they actually play defense in. Kuechly will get mowed in the NFL. Having a guy that can play in the middle or on the line would be huge for us.

I've seen a few mock drafts having us take Lamar Miller with our first pick. This will be disastrous. I think Donta Hightower is THE first pick, but I also think there will be a bigger dropoff at MLB then there will be at RB in the later rounds. There's a chance that Miller could be available in the 2nd round and if not, Bernard Pierce or Montee Ball could be available in the 3rd and would be great gets.

[/quote]</P>

Giants arean organization that love to take guys with a lot of "upside"... I really like your Hightower pick, but I think the upside and grit that Burfict brings to the game, makes him a can't pass guy. If for any reason Kuechly and Burfict were gone, than I would not be disappointed with the Hightower pick. </P>

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants were to draft these guys in the first. Only, if they were to fall.. </P>

WR - Michael Floyd, Notre Dame</P>

CB - Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama</P>

RB - Trent Richardson, Alabama (obviously!!)</P>

***or just trade down to someone that wants to move up. </P>
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

I'd sh!t skittles if we could land Trent, but he'll be long gone. I think Dre will be gone as well but he's also got TONS of upside. Which if you have followed him closely, it's really the only reason he's projected in the first round. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up quite yet. But he's got great size and speed and loves to play physical. There's another corner that plays for Alabama named Dequan Menzie that is a bit under the radar and could be a good mid round get.. Some would argue he has played better than Dre, but Dre has WAY more upside.

I'd love to have Floyd as well. Dude is INSANE. Great hands, great speed, great size. Eli's life would be pretty easy. The only thing is, with the emergence of Cruz, I'm not sure we need a WR enough to warrant using a first round pick. If I'm right in thinking the only way we take a WR is if it's a little late in the draft, BJ Cunningham (Mich St) could be a guy to watch for. Jarius Wright is going to be a player in the NFL as well IMO... not sure where he projects though.

Mark Ingram is the talent that Richardson is.... However, people projected him to go in the mid first round and he fell to the bottom. If he makes it past KC or Dallas (picks 11, 14 respectively), then Giants should seriously consider moving up to get him. But, recent history proves that the Giants will stand put.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

The guy is a freak of an athlete, ton of speed at LB, hits like Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis has off field problems too, you guys saying you wouldnt have wanted him?

Bench Player

[quote user="mikeq672"]Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

The guy is a freak of an athlete, ton of speed at LB, hits like Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis has off field problems too, you guys saying you wouldnt have wanted him?
    [/quote]
    man i couldn't agree more. Burfict is a beast. i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

1) he looks like he's running down hill all the time
    2) he eats running backs alive
    3) never gets knocked back
    4) plows through the offensive line
    5) is a sure sure tackler
    6) has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP... let the paramedics sort em out

[quote user="Osi_baby"][quote user="mikeq672"]Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

[/quote]
    man i couldn't agree more. Burfict is a beast. i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1) he looks like he's running down hill all the time
    2) he eats running backs alive
    3) never gets knocked back
    4) plows through the offensive line
    5) is a sure sure tackler
    6) has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP... let the paramedics sort em out
    [/quote]

You lost me at the clint sintim comment, I think hes done here but i agree with everything else.

And most underrated part of watching that video is noticing that everytime hes the first one to the ball carrier, he wraps up and drives through, doesnt try to just come in and throw a shoulder like everyone else seems to try and do now a days.

[quote user="Osi_baby"][quote user="mikeq672"]Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

[/quote]
    man i couldn't agree more.* Burfict is a beast.* i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1)* he looks like he's running down hill all the time
    2)* he eats running backs alive
    3)* never gets knocked back
    4)* plows through the offensive line
    5)* is a sure sure tackler
    6)* has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP...* let the paramedics sort em out
    [/quote]Thats the problem with Burfict he is a highlight real guy not a good football player.
    2011 all I saw was a guy that freelanced completely ignoring the called defense. Rarely ever showed any gap discipline. Constantly was out position leading to ASU getting gashed on the ground. Leaving his feet to tackle way to much to go for the big hit.A player that is still the exact same player when he came into college as he was when he left it.He never improved ,he never took to coaching and has below average instincts for a LB.
    The truth Is I was a big fan of Burfict coming into this season.I spent a lot of time working his 2010 games.I saw flaws on his gametape and ignored them because Everything I read was that the guy was going to mature.He was going to be a film junkie and really improve his game.I didnt see anything like that this season.His play was worse then it was the previous years.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Osi_baby"][quote user="mikeq672"]Love Burflict, he plays with an attitude and could be the leader of this team for the next 10 years. He doesnt have the bad attitude off the field and isnt a trouble maker that people think he is, hes actually a pretty good guy from what Ive heard from my buddy at ASU. He just plays with a ton of passion. He was told to pull it back some this year and it shows because hes hesitant and thinking too much.

[/quote]
    man i couldn't agree more.* Burfict is a beast.* i want him to be a giant so badly after watching this highlight reel.

1)* he looks like he's running down hill all the time
    2)* he eats running backs alive
    3)* never gets knocked back
    4)* plows through the offensive line
    5)* is a sure sure tackler
    6)* has a P.O. Box address in the backfield

imagine a healthy clint sintim and burfict playing together behind a JPP...* let the paramedics sort em out
    [/quote]Thats the problem with Burfict he is a highlight real guy not a good football player.
    2011 all I saw was a guy that freelanced completely ignoring the called defense. Rarely ever showed any gap discipline. Constantly was out position leading to ASU getting gashed on the ground. Leaving his feet to tackle way to much to go for the big hit.A player that is still the exact same player when he came into college as he was when he left it.He never improved ,he never took to coaching and has below average instincts for a LB.
    The truth Is I was a big fan of Burfict coming into this season.I spent a lot of time working his 2010 games.I saw flaws on his gametape and ignored them because Everything I read was that the guy was going to mature.He was going to be a film junkie and really improve his game.I didnt see anything like that this season.His play was worse then it was the previous years.[/quote]
    pwn'd

Right now I think Burfict hold the title of most overhyped/rated prospect.

Also, I think Sintim's done in the NFL. He tore the same ACL twice in less than a year. Which is a shame, because he was looking great in preseason.

If he manages to come back fully... dude would be a freakin' warrior.

Bench Player

ya those are all valid points jedi. i wish the guy could get his head in the game to go with his freakish skills. we need a beast like that.

sintim is such a heartbreaking story. his career was going to be so bright. something around the likes of a demarcus ware, even though some might find that to be a preposterous comparison.