+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 210
  1. #81
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,415
    Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Without coming off as pompous, I do this for a living. I moonlight as a writer for 2 major sites and one lesser known site. Just this past week, I spent 25 hours watching tape. That being said said, having sat down and watched through every snap from McClain's final season at Bama, I have no idea why he was drafted so highly. I don;t play the results, I genuinely sit down and analyze the tape. Not to sound trite (as I use this quote A LOT), but draftniks lie and game tape doesn't. You said that due to the fact he was drafted in the top 10, that he must have not been sluggish or slow. This is just wrong. His tape in college never indicated he was going to be a game changing MLB.

    And to the poster who was high on Spoon. I couldn't agree more. I loved everything about him coming out.
    I'd take Redeyes opinion over many more qualified(at least notable) draftniks all day long.. Hes very educated on these prospects and puts together and watches about a gazillion tapes a yr..

    U could easily say he does this for a living as well, as u guys are probably using his footage to learn about these prospects to begin with..lol

  2. #82
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    as u guys are probably using his footage to learn about these prospects to begin with
    LOL

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd take Redeyes opinion over many more qualified(at least notable) draftniks all day long.. Hes very educated on these prospects and puts together and watches about a gazillion tapes a yr..

    U could easily say he does this for a living as well, as u guys are probably using his footage to learn about these prospects to begin with..lol
    I am not trying to discredit redeye whatsoever. I am saying that tape doesn't lie. I use 22 tape, which I am sure he uses as well.

  4. #84
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    I am not trying to discredit redeye whatsoever. I am saying that tape doesn't lie. I use 22 tape, which I am sure he uses as well.
    All-22 tape for the college games? Where do you get it?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    All-22 tape for the college games? Where do you get it?
    As I said before, I have recently began to do this as a career. I am affiliated with two popular analysis sites and one lesser known site. I am provided access to the college tape by my employers.... where they get it from is not something I can answer though. And for some reason in college the tape is called 22 tape, not all-22 like it is in the NFL.

    Side note: the hardest thing about sports writing is breaking my bias towards the giants. I try, desperately at times, but the lust for the giants is too deeply engrained in me to totally shed it.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    People do that all the time.. Hindsight is so annoying.. This is actually one guy i was dead wrong on.. I was completely sold that he was gonna be a physical run stopping LB that made his mark by laying fools out game after game..
    Mcclains a bust but he didnt bust because he wasnt athletic enough.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mcclains a bust but he didnt bust because he wasnt athletic enough.
    Redeye, McClain busted for a number of reasons, including his lack of in game athleticism. Yes, he displayed prototypical tackling technique. Yes, he can play the run well. But he lacks fluidity in his hips, which hinders his coverage ability, and he also has Average sideline-sideline range. He never should have been drafted to play the middle in a 4-3 base team as he lacks lateral range. I enjoyed watching him play at Alabama, and I was surprised in terms of how quickly he burned out of the NFL. Even though I felt he was NOT going to be a superstar, I never expected this poor of a career. I hope he gets his stuff together and can get back on the field, and his best shot is by signing with a 3-4 base team to play the middle.

  8. #88
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    As I said before, I have recently began to do this as a career. I am affiliated with two popular analysis sites and one lesser known site. I am provided access to the college tape by my employers.... where they get it from is not something I can answer though. And for some reason in college the tape is called 22 tape, not all-22 like it is in the NFL.

    Side note: the hardest thing about sports writing is breaking my bias towards the giants. I try, desperately at times, but the lust for the giants is too deeply engrained in me to totally shed it.
    Okay, what sites?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Okay, what sites?
    Naturally, you can't expect me to tell you who I am or whom I work for, right? If I wanted to be affiliated with said sites, I would have made an appropriate username. I am here as a giants fan (15 years), not a sports writer and I post accordingly. The only reason I mentioned it was due to my statement being tossed aside as some laymen crap. Regardless of my occupation, what matters here is that tape is tape, and tape doesn't lie. I am merely examining tape and explaining what I see.

  10. #90
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,261
    Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Naturally, you can't expect me to tell you who I am or whom I work for, right?
    No, you're just generating traffic for your sites. It's harmless self-promotion.

    If you didn't "[want] to be affiliated with said sites," you would have never brought them up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts