+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

FWIW, Revis trade to Bus is eminent

I know it's not the Giants news but, the Jets will have the #9 and #13 picks.
    I wish the Giants had those two picks. That is about the only thing.
    Watch them screw up the #9 pick and take QB Geno Smith. Not worth #9 pick imo.

How does Revis going to the Bucs effect the Giants? I don't think it effects the Ginats much at all.

I think Revis can afford to take a private jet.

I wish the Giants picked 32 every year.

I actually think it does affect the Giants somewhat in the draft considering Jets could use a pass rusher, corner and offensive line as do the Giants. They can potentially grab one of those while still potentially going for QB or WR with the other pick. Though it remains to be seen with a pick 10 ahead of the Giants. And the Bucs could very well have had the same effect if they retained it.

Jets should draft Mingo and Tavon Austin with the picks..

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Jets should draft Mingo and Tavon Austin with the picks..

That would be two very good picks. I also think they can consider drafting a stud OL at #9, maybe Warmack?

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    That would be two very good picks. I also think they can consider drafting a stud OL at #9, maybe Warmack?
    According to a Jets fan, Cooper would make more sense for them since they're running a ZBS. Also heard talk of them trading down and taking a safety. Cyprien's name has also come up.

if Im the Jets, I make Sanchez part of the deal.. get rid of that silly contract

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    the Bucs are idiots ....they're many pieces away from a contending team. Why blow your cap space on one player?
    Agreed. Stupid for the Bucs.

Bucs signed CB Darrelle Revis to a new six-year, $96 million contract that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history in terms of annual average, but contains ZERO guaranteed money.

The Jets received (only?) the No. 13 pick in the 2013 draft and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2014 that can escalate to a third-rounder based on performance and playing time. The fact that Revis accepted NO guaranteed money is shocking. The compensation isn't quite what we anticipated either, making the Buccaneers the clear early winners of the Revis trade. Revis is obviously confident in the health of his reconstructed knee, so much so that going on age 28 he's willing to gamble on himself, accepting a pay-as-you-go contract with large but non-guaranteed base salaries. The Bucs could cut him as soon as 2014 if his recovery goes afoul. It's truly fantastic maneuvering by Bucs GM Mark Dominik.
    Related: Jets

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Apr 21 - 4:49 PM

Buccaneers acquired CB Darrelle Revis from the Jets in exchange for the No. 13 overall pick and undisclosed compensation in the 2014 draft.

Revis' agent announced on Twitter that his client has agreed to terms with Tampa Bay, finalizing the trade and his new contract. Coming off a torn ACL, Revis passed his Bucs physical -- after passing a Jets physical with flying colors last week -- and remains on track to return at full speed before training camp. We'll have full trade compensation and Revis' contract details in a future blurb. But neither side is turning back now. It's a done deal.
    Related: Jets