+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Admittedly, this is not a guy I have watched a ton of tape on. So I am basing my assessment on about an hour worth of analysis. Chapple is another prospect where his height and weight are going to be held against him. He is right around 6 feet (some list him at 6'1") and comes in at an unimpressive 195 pounds. Yes, Chapple is fast (both in his 40 time and on the field), having rushed for 600 yards this year, and yes, Chapple commanded a Harvard offense who performed very well this year, but he is NOT a premier passer. Having watched some of his tape, one of my biggest issues is his happy feet. Even with no defender near him, Chapple tends not to set his feet properly, and it comes off as he is constantly thinking about taking off running. He almost looks nervous on every drop back. Yes, his stats were prolific, but I simply do not see it translating into NFL success UNLESS he is drafted by a team looking to insert him as an option guy (and that is still no guarantee). Another issue I have with him is that not only is he short, but his frame is absolutely tiny. This is a guy Harvard lists at 6'2", yet doesn;t even have 200 pounds on his slight frame. He gets absolutely manhandled by d lineman if they get a hand on him, which doesnt bode well for his ability to avoid being sacked.

Another gripe I have with him is his lengthy release. I dislike his release mechanics and he needs to work on getting the ball out his hands faster.

What was also apparent was his lack of at the line pre and post snap progressions.

While he does have some pop on his short to intermediate passes, he doesn't display above average velocity.

He displays above average touch on his passes, but lacks downfield accuracy.

Chapple does display a great "pocket clock" and knows when to get rid of the ball.

I have chapple ranked right around the 20-30th best QB prospect in the draft.

With more time, I could give you a more in depth analysis. As this was based off of tape from his games against Princeton, Penn and Yale.
    Honestly dude, I just picked a QB guaranteed to go undrafted. I still doubt that you are a sportswriter until you want to say who you are, but we'll just leave it at that. Regardless, though, not a bad write-up about a player I have absolutely no clue about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Honestly dude, I just picked a QB guaranteed to go undrafted. I still doubt that you are a sportswriter until you want to say who you are, but we'll just leave it at that. Regardless, though, not a bad write-up about a player I have absolutely no clue about lol.
    I too knew little about him, as my area of expertise lies more in evaluating WRs then anything else. Unfortunately, I simply cannot risk my job in order to prove myself to you. But, as I said before, if you have any interest in me profiling a guy for, just let me know.

I too knew little about him, as my area of expertise lies more in evaluating WRs then anything else. Unfortunately, I simply cannot risk my job in order to prove myself to you. But, as I said before, if you have any interest in me profiling a guy for, just let me know.
    It's all good. I focus more on skill position players, too; their evaluations are far less arbitrary.

Why do people have to reveal where they work to be allowed to post here all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Why do people have to reveal where they work to be allowed to post here all of a sudden?
    Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Who said that?
    I think it was you asking what sites the guy writes for. If the guy doesn't want to tell you then let it go. At least I don't think he should. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I think it was you asking what sites the guy writes for. If the guy doesn't want to tell you then let it go. At least I don't think he should. But what do I know?
    I asked what sites he wrote for because he tried to pass it off as a source of credibility. He wanted to keep his name anonymous, so I can respect that.

The site itself, one that generates thousands upon thousands (if they are as major as he claims) of viewers a day? Relatively harmless, but I'll accept the weak "profiling" rationale.

But where did I say he can't post here as a result?

Game tape.... As I said before, the only accurate representation of a players performance is tape. Combine measurable really don't matter to me. Ogletree plays WAY faster in pads than his 4.7 would suggest. McClain never looked fast on tape. He is sluggish and there is no way he has the range to play sideline to sideline. McClain was overhyped, much like Aaron Curry was overhyped.
    Alot of it had to do with being the main man from the country's main program. You'd like to think that NFL talent evaluators would be impervious from variables like this, but they really aren't. The same thing nearly happened again with Teo, until he was unveiled in the National championship game and then later the fake girlfriend. Players from high profile schools who play high profile positions get over drafted all the time

i dont get why a website wouldnt want its writers generating hits tho on other sites. that doesnt make any sense to me. thatd be like me having a column for the times and then telling no one to read it...i dunno just that doesnt make sense otherwise u seem very knowledgable.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dont get why a website wouldnt want its writers generating hits tho on other sites. that doesnt make any sense to me. thatd be like me having a column for the times and then telling no one to read it...i dunno just that doesnt make sense otherwise u seem very knowledgable.
    It'd be more about the writer wanting to distance his work from his Giants fanboy posts on a message board.