So here's a three round mock draft I did in my spare time at work over the last week. I included trades in this one, two of which involved the Buffalo Bills.
1. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M - Trying to trade their OT Albert for a 2nd round pick.
2. Jacksonville Jagaurs - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon - Desperately need a pass rusher.
3. Oakland Raiders - DT Sharif Flloyd, Florida - Should wait until next year for a QB, strengthen the trenches this year.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan - Who knows if Peters will be effective next year.
5. Detroit Lions - CB Dee Millner, Alabama - Needs help on all three levels of the defense.
6. Cleveland Browns - OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU - Need another outside rusher opposite Kruger.
7. Arizona Cardinals - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia - Fitzgerald needs a damn QB.
8. San Diego Chargers (trade with Bills) - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma - Have to better protect Rivers.
9. New York Jets - DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah, BYU - Jets need a pass-rush.
10. Tennesee Titans - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah - Needs help with its pass rush.
11. Buffalo Bills (trade with Chargers) - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama - No QB at #8, traded back to grab one of the top guards.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State - Need to replace Michael Bennett.
13. Miami Dolphins - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State - With Sean Smith gone, desperately needs a CB.
14. Carolina Panthers - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri - Need someone to clog up the middle.
15. New Orleans Saints - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas - Saints safeties are a mess and need improvement.
16. St. Louis Rams - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee - Amendola is gone and the Rams need a #1.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia - Need a rush outside linebacker.
18. Dallas Cowboys - OG Jonathon Cooper, North Carolina - Need help on the offensive line.
19. New York Giants - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington - Need a CB to start if Wesbter doesn't bounce back.
20. Chicago Bears - ILB Kevin Minter, LSU - Urlacher is gone, time to get his replacement.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama - Need to replace Andre Smith.
22. St. Louis Rams - S Matt Elam, Florida - Both of their starters from last year are gone.
23. Minnesota Vikings - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia - Bye bye Harvin, hello Austin.
24. Indianapolis Colts - DT Jonathon Hankins, Ohio State - Need better play from their nose tackle.
25. Minnesota Vikings - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia - Brinkley was terrible and Henderson can be upgraded.
26. Green Bay Packers - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame - Rodgers could always use more options in the passing game.
27. Houston Texans - WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson - Andre Johnson is awesome but they need someone opposite him.
28. Denver Broncos - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M - Need to replace Dumervil after that whole faxing fiasco.
29. New England Patriots - DE Datone Jones, UCLA - Haven't been too good at the position since Seymour was traded.
30. Atlanta Falcons - CB Johnathon Banks, MIssissippi St. - Need help in the secondary with Grimes and Robinson gone.
31. San Francisco 49ers - DT Jesse Williams, Alabama - No safeties worth taking this early.
32. Buffalo Bills (trade with Ravens) - QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse - Reuniting QB and Coach, the Bills get their guy.
33. Jacksonvoille Jaguars - QB Matt Barkley, USC - The thought of Gabbert being a good QB is laughable at this point.
34. San Francisco 49ers - S Jonathon Cyrpien, Florida International - Still a reach but they need a safety.
35. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State - Looks like Asomugha and DRC weren't the answer.
36. Detroit Lions - DE Alex Okafor, Texas - Avril is gone and Vanden-Bosch was meh.
37. Cincinnati Bengals - OLB Arthur Brown, Kent State - Replaces Manny Lawson at WLB.
38. Miami Dolphins (trade with Cardinals) - DE Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist - Need someone opposite Wake.
39. New York Jets - WR Keenan Allen, California - Need another threat, especially since Holmes hasn't done anything.
40. Tennessee Titans - OG Justin Pugh, Syracuse - Chris Johnson needs holes to run through.
41. Baltimore Ravens (trade with Bills) - ILB Manti T'eo, Notre Dame - With Lewis gone, someone is going to have to man the middle.
42. Arizona Cardinals (trade with Dolphins) - OT Terron Armstead, Akansas-Pine Bluff - Definitely need some help to protect their QB.
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Kawann Short, Purdue - Someone to rush the passer next to McCoy.
44. San Diego Chargers - WR Robert Woods, Southern California - Rivers needs some targets ot throw to.
45. San Francisco 49ers (trade with Panthers) - CB David Amerson, North Carolina State - Culliver talked a lot, then got burned a lot.
46. St. Louis Rams - RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama - Stephen Jackson is gone and some competition could be needed for top dog
47. Pittsburgh Steelers - DE Tank Carradine, Florida State - Pittsburgh needs better play from their DE spot.
48. Dallas Cowboys - DE Alex Okafor, Texas - If an extension can't be worked out with Spencer, get his replacement now.
49. New York Giants - OL Barret Jones, Alabama - Could start at RT and provides depth at G and C.
50. Chicago Bears - DT Jesse Williams, Alabama - Milton is back but another big body could be used in the middle.
51. Washington Redskins - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State - The Redskins' secondary is terrible.
52. Minnesota Vikings - DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina - Need someone next to Kyle Williams.
53. Cincinnati Bengals - RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina - Green-Ellis is not the answer at RB.
54. Miami Dolphins - OT Kyle Long, Oregon - Replacing one Long at tackle with another.
55. Green Bay Packers - C Travis Frederick, Wisconsin - Somehow Saturday got elected to the Pro Bowl.
56. Seattle Seahawks - TE Zach Ertz, Stanford - Wilson got a receiver in Harvin and could use another threat.
57. Houston Texans - OG Larry Warford, Kentucky - Needs an upgrade at RG.
58. Denver Broncos - RB Jonathon Franklin, UCLA - Moreno isn't that great and McGahee is old.
59. New England Patriots - WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech - They have the TEs and Amendola but they could use an outside guy.
60. Atlanta Falcons - DE Sam Montgomery, LSU - Need another DE to pair with Osi.
61. Carolina Panthers (trade with 49ers) - WR Terrence Williams, Baylor - Newton needs other options besides Smith.
62. Baltimore Ravens - S Eric Reid, LSU - Both their safeties left. They got Huff, meet his partner.
63. Kansas City Chiefs - WR Markus Wheaton, Oregon State - Bowe is the #1 but they need a viable option at the #2 spot.
64. Jacksonville Jagaurs - OLB Khaseem Greene, Rutgers - Need help at both outside linebacker spots.
65. Detroit Lions - OT Menelik Watson, Florida State - Need to keep Stafford standing and the run game going.
66. Oakland Raiders - OLB Sio Moore, Connecticut - Need help at all three LB positions.
67. Philadelphia Eagles - QB EJ Manuel, Florida State - None of the guys on the roster are the future.
68. Cleveland Browns - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee - Someone opposite of Gordon is needed.
69. Arizona Cardinals - CB Darius Slay, Mississippi State - One of many needs that has to be filled.
70. Tennesse Titans - QB Tyler WIlson, Arkansas - Locker isn't the answer and Fitzpatrick should be a backup.
71. Buffalo Bills - WR Aaron Dobson, Marshall - Need someone upset Stevie Johnson
72. New York Jets - S Phillip Thomas, Fresno State - Both starter from last year are gone.
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TE Vance McDonald, Rice - Freeman needs all the help he can get.
74. Carolina Panthers (trade with 49ers from themselves) - CB Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana - Cornerbacks are questionable.
75. New Orleans Saints - OT David Bakhtiari, Colorado - Gotta prevent the little guy from getting hit.
76. Baltimore Ravens (trade with Bills from Chargers) - WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee - Boldin is gone and needs to be replaced.
77. Miami Dolphins - RB Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State - Reggie Bush is gone and someone to pair with Thomas is needed.
78. St. Louis Rams - OLB Trevardo Williams, Connecticut - TE Gavin Escobar - Cook is more of a half-back then tradition TE.
79. Pittsburgh Steelers - RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin - Mendenhall is gone so his replacement is needed.
80. Dallas Cowboys - S Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse - Sensabaugh was released.
81. New York Giants - OLB Jamie Collins - Could use someone to man the strong side spot for the next several years.
82. Miamia Dolphins - CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers - Another addition at CB for depth is needed.
83. Minnesota Vikings - OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas - If Peterson had this guy up front, he would have broken the record.
84. Cincinnati Bengals - S Bacarri Rambo, Georgia - Both starters are free agents at the moment.
85. Washington Redskins - CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU - Another potential starter at CB, even if under sized.
86. Indianapolis Colts - OLB Trevardo Williams - Someone has to rush the quarterback for this team.
87. Seattle Seahawks - OT Jordan Mills, Louisiana Tech - Upgrade at RT necessary.
88. Green Bay Packers - RB Andre Ellington, Clemson - Have to have someone who can carry the load effectively.
89. Houston Texans - DT John Jenkins, Georgia - Need a DT for some inside pass rush.
90. Denver Broncos - ILB Kiko Alonson, Oregon - Need someone to take over the middle of the linebackers.
91. New England Patriots - OLB Corey Lemonier, Auburn - A pass rusher is always needed.
92. Atlanta Falcons - OLB Zavier Gooden, Missouri - They need another LB capable of playing three downs.
93. San Francisco 49ers - C Brian Schwenke, California - Goodwin is 34 and entering final year of contract.
94. Baltimore Ravens - CB Dwayne Gratz, Connecticut - Lost one of their starts to free agency.
95. Houston Texans - ILB - Jon Bostic, Florida - Need someone to start next to Cushing.
96. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Mike Glennon, North Carolina State - Smith isn't the long term answer.
97. Tennesee Titans - CB B.W. Webb, William & Mary - Need some depth in the secondary.
So things that have happened in real life - The Browns forfeited their 2nd round pick in last year's Supplemental Draft. The Saints forfeited their 2nd round pick as punishment for their Bounty Gate scandal. The Rams have Washington's 1st and the Vikings have the Seahawks 1st. The 49ers have the Chiefs 2nd. The Bengals have the Raiders 2nd. The Dolphins have the Colts 2nd. The 49ers have the Panthers 3rd. The Dolphins have the Bears 3rd. There are three conditional picks awarded to the Texans, Chiefs and Titans, respectively.
What I predict - When Geno Smith gets taken off the board, the Bills trade back a few spots with the Chargers. This way the Chargers can get their offensive tackle and the Bills can still get one of the top guards, as well as gain an extra pick. The Bills then use that extra pick, along with their 2nd round pick, to hop back into the first round and grab their QB. The Ravens, liking how deep the draft is and knowing they have a lot of holes to fill since their roster got turned over, are ok with dropping back nine spots and gaining that extra draft pick.
The 49ers don't have too many holes but have a lot of draft picks. They trade up in the second to make sure they can still get a quality cornerback they really like. The Panthers, who have a couple of holes, drop back fifteen spots but they also gain back the third rounder they originally traded away. If Newton can bounce back, they can contend for a wild card, they just need a few more pieces.
The Dolphins really like Margus Hunt and don't want to risk the Ravens or worse, the Jets, from taking the raw but talented prospect. So they trade up four spots, jumping both teams in the process. The Cardinals, who have a lot of holes, drop back four spots and also gain a 5th rounder, which can help them add some depth to their roster in the later rounds.