+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few sleepers

heres my thought on ryan swope for you STRICK

i like swope and he seems to be a pretty good catcher not a burner though and i think he may be better suited for the slot so if cruz is still on the line ,swope may not be a bad pick but i think we should try to target a outside guy if we dont think reuben randle is ready

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    a few guys i like:

Devin Taylor 3-4th round- DE South Carolina...6'7" good speed. crushed the shrine game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L79j6YBdaOA watch at 1:20 OMG!)

As someone mentioned earlier Quanterrus Smith DE WKU- some guys just look the part, and this guy certainly looks the part. Had ACL injury and that is why he is in the 3-4 round range.
    I really do like both of those guys at the DE position and think that they could make a significant impact for the team. I am not really sure why Taylor has been so over looked. Both guys could be real steals for our team and would fit in great I think with our DL rotation that we like to use. Dear lord he absolutely man handled that kid at 1:20 wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    heres my thought on ryan swope for you STRICK

i like swope and he seems to be a pretty good catcher not a burner though and i think he may be better suited for the slot so if cruz is still on the line ,swope may not be a bad pick but i think we should try to target a outside guy if we dont think reuben randle is ready
    I think that Randle will become the eventual outside guy when either Cruz or Nicks leaves the team if that does happen at a point in the near future. I think that Nicks and Randle would be a great 1-2 punch on the outside. Swope or Vernon from Duke would be very nice additions to the slot area. Although I do think Swope is thought to be a slot WR a lot by scouts for some reason because they think that he is Wes Welker 2.0 bc he is another white kid from the same school. I kind of feel bad white WR's bc there is some misconception that they are all slot WR's. Other than Hartline and Decker I cannot think of many white WR's that play on the outside. I mean the comparison that some of the "experts" of Swope and Welker is kind of bizarre because of the fact that Swope is 6 ft and ran in the 4.3's at the combine and Welker is like 5'9 and ran something like a 4.6. I do think that he runs pretty nice routes though but I think that he has much better YAC potential than Welker has because he can break tackles and is quite a bit faster. Although Welker is one of the most nifty little guys I have seen in the NFL in some time.

I personally am having a hard time trying to think of what type of WR that we would potentially draft because Cruz is great in the slot and we only hope he is back next season and Nicks is a good outside WR. Randle has the potential to be a very good outside WR as well. Jernigan is tough to determine where he will be next year because I kind of think that last season kind of was like his rookie season because of the fact that he was in a totally different offense in college than the one that we run and he did not have OTA's and really a training camp to get used to the playbook and the terminology. I believe I remember watching an interview of him last training camp and he said that he was still trying to perfect all of the playbook including the execution of the routes he would have to run. If he pans out we have 2 guys who can play slot and 2 outside guys. Cruz being able to play both but I really like him working the middle of the field from the slot position. I think that we probably would go after someone who could play both slot and outside like Swope and quite a few others in the draft because there is a not of uncertainties in the younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah I have not seen any tape on him really but he did help himself out a ton at the combine with that 40 time. He probably will make a solid LT because of his athleticism. I am not sure what round he will go probably 2nd-3rd if I had to guess but its good to see small school guys getting picked pretty early on!
    We have 2

All-Pro
    Saw a mock that had Armstead going to the Giants in the second round.

my official sleeper is Connor Vernon, WR Duke

He is very under rated I have seen people talking about him and saying he is nearly unguardable bc of the quality of his route running

What about Barrett Jones-OL from Alabama? 2-time first team all-American and 2-time first teammate All SEC, he has played in every position on the OLine. He started all four years at Alabama and he was an important part of 3 national champion teams while there. His strength is in the interior- Gaurd or Center. That's the diversity Reese and Coughlin looks or in players.

He is coming off of lis franc injury and won't be cleared to play until May. But IMO he's worth a 2nd round pick

yes to Barrett Jones.. He's my horse in the 2nd, his versatility would be key for this O-line

barrett jones is in no way a sleeper..he plays all OL positions and at the Uof Alabama to boot. he is just not talked about as much because that team is full of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    a few guys i like:

Devin Taylor 3-4th round- DE South Carolina...6'7" good speed. crushed the shrine game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L79j6YBdaOA watch at 1:20 OMG!)

As someone mentioned earlier Quanterrus Smith DE WKU- some guys just look the part, and this guy certainly looks the part. Had ACL injury and that is why he is in the 3-4 round range.
    I honestly wouldn't mind both players. Taylor has great size and athleticism. Showed a nack for strip sacks and creating turnovers kinda reminded me of Ansah closing in on the ball carriers. Him and JPP would make a nice athletic bookend. Smith would be a nice situational rusher like Osi, terrible against the run though, not sure how he will play after the injury could be a slight risk but in the 4th or 5th, i'd take a chance on him.

+ Reply to Thread