+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few sleepers

Sleepers are guys like Jacquain WIlliams and Victor Cruz. Players that are obscure. I see guys being listed that are on some Top 50 lists. The players should be outside the Top 150 at least and more like 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Sleepers are guys like Jacquain WIlliams and Victor Cruz. Players that are obscure. I see guys being listed that are on some Top 50 lists. The players should be outside the Top 150 at least and more like 200.
    Not at all.. Therse sleepers that are just guys who are being slept on that are much better then there current draft slot... A guy who some think is a late 2nd thats perdicted to go in the 4th, is a sleeper in my eyes, as hes gonna be much better then where hes perdicted to go.. Almost every draftnik that has sleepers always has a guy or 2 that is going in the early rds, but is even better then that, and they think there being slept on..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not at all.. Therse sleepers that are just guys who are being slept on that are much better then there current draft slot... A guy who some think is a late 2nd thats perdicted to go in the 4th, is a sleeper in my eyes, as hes gonna be much better then where hes perdicted to go.. Almost every draftnik that has sleepers always has a guy or 2 that is going in the early rds, but is even better then that, and they think there being slept on..
    I agree that sleepers can be earlier to mid round guys who are drafted much lower than what they should based off of talent. I think sleepers in general are people who are overlooked and are taken much later than anticipated. This usually happens in the late rounds like 5-7 but there are plenty of guys who are taken in the 3-4 round area who have first round talent and they fall for whatever reason.

Here is an interesting guy that I am not sure if any of you guys know about. Josh Jarboe who was recruited as the #3 WR coming out of high school behind Julio Jones and A.J Green. He committed to Oklahoma where he eventually got kicked off of the team because there was a video of him freestyle rapping and he talked about guns, violence, etc.. He then went to Troy and got removed from their team because he was having an argument with his Girlfriend and then he hit a campus security officer with a snowball during a massive school snowball fight.. He then went to a tiny school and was crying on the way to the campus saying that he would not let the coach down and that he was thanking him for the opportunity and the coached knew that Jarboe realized that this was rock bottom for him. He then went to Arkansas State after a good year at the small school he got his final chance to play. At Arkansas State he put up decent numbers 1300 yards in 2 years but that isnt bad for a kid who has bounced around to as many teams as he has. There really has been no stability for him. Below I posted an interesting article that explains pretty much his entire journey on trying to make it to the NFL. He is 6'3 ran a 4.5 and has a 37 1/2 inch vertical which is pretty solid. He is supposed to go very late to undrafted and could be a nice steal because he has cleaned up his act and now he can focus on getting back to the player he was that had him ranked just behind two great current NFL WR's AJ Green and Julio Jones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/sports/football/josh-jarboe-looks-to-continue-his-revival-in-the-nfl.html?pagewanted=all

L
    et me know what you think about the kid. I honestly think if it were like a 6-7 rounder the risk vs reward is pretty high because of the fact that he is extremely talented and now all of his coaches say that he is a changed kid and has really matured a lot over the years.

Sounds like Jarobe clearly has talent but its the same old question as with many guys, and thats weather or not his off field charechter concersn are worth the gamble?

Alot of my sleepers moved up past sleeper status over the past couple months, guys like Jamar Taylor, Darius Slay, Nick Kasa..etc Heres a list of some sleepers i have as of now, not including prior ones that have made there move outta sleeper status...

Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada- Big kid, whos got alittle room for additonal weight, who was big part of nevada passing attack, gaining 598yrds on 45catches and 8tds.. He was pretty consistent catching at least 3passes 10times for the wolfpack, and obviously has redzone capabilities as his 8tds suggest and size..Missed some time with injury, He needs to get alittle stronger, but a guy with his combonation of size, and hands, can lead him to making the team and being a factor down the road..

David Bass DE Missouri Western St.- Very productive small school pass rusher, who has size and speed, and i've seen his name linked to Aldon Smith as a comparison, which dosen't mean hes gonna be aldon smith, but has a similar blend of talents.. Hes very intriguing player, who could be drafted by a 3/4 or 4/3 team, but i'd be happy giving him a shot here in the mid to late rds.. He tore up the low level of comp he played against, and performed well
    in practices at East/West shrine game..

Josh Boyce WR TCU- U will see me talking about this kid last yr, in either Redeyes video thread or the nfl draft thread.. I've been a fan of his and casey pachall's for sometimes(pachalls drug issues made me sour a bit on him).. Boyce has since had put together a pretty solid 2012, albeit, not as good as i expected but they switched to a freshman QB because of Pachalls issues, so there was that.. He had 66rec 891yrd and 7tds.. Boyce is a natural playmaker, who can beat u deep and underneath, and is a solid route runnner.. His speed was never known as a big strength, but he then blazed the 40at the combine, which only enhanced his stock.. He did just have surgery on a busted digit on his foot, which will keep em out 6-10wks, but hes certainly a skilled player, and has a good frame at 6ft 200plus lbs, and has alittle Victor Cruz in him, and i think would be a pretty solid slot reciever, if u wanted him to be, as well as stepping outside which is what he normally does...

I really do like Boyce a lot and Bass. I do not know much about Sudfeld because I really havent looked at the TE position too much this year but I will check him out for sure. I found another guy at the WR position who could be another low risk high reward type of players. Charles Johnson Grand Valley State, he is 6'3 and ran a 4.38 40 time. He had a 39 inch vertical and he also had great production in college. He had over 1000 yards last two years averaging 18.4 yards per catch his Junior year and 16.7 yards per catch last year. To add to those pretty nice statistics he also had 15 and 16 TD years back to back which is solid as well. I cannot find any tape of this kid which is getting me quite aggravated but if you youtube him there is his highlights from his Pro day at least. I think he had a little trouble earlier on in college but I have not seen anything of him recently in any trouble.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/11/grand-valley-states-charles-johnson-sprints-into-draft-consideration/

T
    here are some people who apparently know or knew him who say he never was a trouble maker or anything which is nice to see but I really wish I could get some game footage of the kid. The only thing that I could find of just him was a video of him hurdling a guy on a WR reverse lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GdKODpsVgQ He is in this video #4 WR... He is the one catching the ball in the majority of the clips but there is a ton of defense and the team running the ball in there too which is kind of annoying.

Bench Player
    QUANTERRUS SMITH IS MY FAVORITE LINEMAN THIS YEAR AND I LOVE RAY RAY ARMSTRONG AT SAFETY.....HIS FIRST TWO YEARS AT MIAMI THEY COMPARED HIM TO SEAN TAYLOR AND ANOTHER GUY I LOVE IS MARVIN BURDETTE MLB....HE REMINDS ME OF OLD SCHOOL JESSIE TUGGLE....HIS CLIP

http://youtu.be/vJyvUJX9Y_o

Ya, Quanterus Smith and Walter Stewart are 2guys that might fit best in a 3/4 but there ability to rush the passer, i'd be willing to take a shot on em in the late rds and see if we could fit them in here.. Smith does seem to have the build to bulk up and play primarily as DE in a 4/3, but Stewart might need to fit at SLB, and as a situational pass rusher if we were to draft em...

Chris Jones DT Bowling Green is a guy i have talked about a few times on here as a sleeper and put into a mock in the mid to late rds on occasion, and he came into combine over 300lbs, which was a knock on him, that he was alittle light, but thats perfect weight, for the quick, gap penetrating DT, who was a monster pass rusher from the interior, and one of the better overall pass rushers production wise, this season in college football.. Seems his skills would complement Linval Joseph alot..

I like Smith and Stewart and think they both could make a real impact in the league and could both probably be had in the late rounds. I will check out Chris Jones guy.

Melvin White 6'3 CB Louisiana Lafayette looks pretty good and is rated low on a lot of draft boards. Has some really nice hits for a CB in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yqCFTDO2eo

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I like Smith and Stewart and think they both could make a real impact in the league and could both probably be had in the late rounds. I will check out Chris Jones guy.

Melvin White 6'3 CB Louisiana Lafayette looks pretty good and is rated low on a lot of draft boards. Has some really nice hits for a CB in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yqCFTDO2eo
    Melvin White is NICE!!!!

+ Reply to Thread