+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Vacarro?

Question Kenny Vacarro?

Are we all sleeping on the Safety position?

Rolle is likely to be a cap casualty next year and we have two relative unknowns in Stevie Brown (UFA in 2014) and Will Hill (who we haven't seen enough of yet). I think we can all agree that Ryan Mundy was a vet depth move. With KP leaving this year any thoughts on the Giants drafting Kenny Vaccaro in the first?

I've almost seen no mocks or talk about the Safety position and the Giants (early in the draft) but he's being projected right around where we pick (highest rated Safety in the draft too).

Thoughts?

I mentioned Vaccaro being an option for the Giants earlier this year but to be honest....I'd prefer to pass on him in the first and go after someone like Rambo in the 3rd, who could replace Rolle if they don't carry his contract after this year (which I see as a definite possibility). I really like Vaccaro's aggressiveness and physicality but I'm not excited about a safety in the 1st. There's some good safeties in this class to be had in other rounds and Elam is just as good if not better than him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I mentioned Vaccaro being an option for the Giants earlier this year but to be honest....I'd prefer to pass on him in the first and go after someone like Rambo in the 3rd, who could replace Rolle if they don't carry his contract after this year (which I see as a definite possibility). I really like Vaccaro's aggressiveness and physicality but I'm not excited about a safety in the 1st. There's some good safeties in this class to be had in other rounds and Elam is just as good if not better than him IMO.
    I'll be honest, I haven't looked at the early Safeties a whole lot and haven't heard much buzz about them.

Just wondering if we (the draft board hawking Giants MB peeps) are overlooking the Giants going in that direction.

I agree with your take and that pick wouldn't excite me as well but not like there isn't precedent there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Are we all sleeping on the Safety position?

Rolle is likely to be a cap casualty next year and we have two relative unknowns in Stevie Brown (UFA in 2014) and Will Hill (who we haven't seen enough of yet). I think we can all agree that Ryan Mundy was a vet depth move. With KP leaving this year any thoughts on the Giants drafting Kenny Vaccaro in the first?

I've almost seen no mocks or talk about the Safety position and the Giants (early in the draft) but he's being projected right around where we pick (highesat rated Safety in the draft too).

Thoughts?
    I agree our saftey situation is less then ideal going forward, but we got enough to not have to take one in the 1st rd in my opinon.. I think Baccari Rambo is extremely underrated and there isn't a more instinctive/playmaking S in this class.. As much as i like Vaccaro, i'd pass, and try and get my hands on a upside player like Baccari Rambo in the 3rd..I think teams will truly regret letting Rambo slip to the 3rd, if he in fact does make it that far..

I think the people around here just really want a LB or OL that they've purposely removed that scenario from the equation...lol. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went safety. I'm sure there will be a lot of hate threads around here but I can see Reese making that kind of move. If he does I really think it means the end of Antrel in 2014.

I think 19 is a little high for any of the safeties this year. I'd love it if they got Elam in the 2nd though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree our saftey situation is less then ideal going forward, but we got enough to not have to take one in the 1st rd in my opinon.. I think Baccari Rambo is extremely underrated and there isn't a more instinctive/playmaking S in this class.. As much as i like Vaccaro, i'd pass, and try and get my hands on a upside player like Baccari Rambo in the 3rd..I think teams will truly regret letting Rambo slip to the 3rd, if he in fact does make it that far..
    I agree but you could say that about a lot of our positions. We *could* go into the 2013 season with our current crop of DE, DT, CB, S, OT/OG and even LBer (ugh). This draft is really wide open for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I think 19 is a little high for any of the safeties this year. I'd love it if they got Elam in the 2nd though.
    Doubt that Elam lasts that late into the second though.

I think the people around here just really want a LB or OL that they've purposely removed that scenario from the equation...lol. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went safety. I'm sure there will be a lot of hate threads around here but I can see Reese making that kind of move. If he does I really think it means the end of Antrel in 2014.
    I'm almost positive at least one of those positions aren't in our first three picks this year (if not both of them).

Our FO just hates on LBers and OL.

TO much value at the Safety positon this yr, as its really deep class, to go for one of the top 1or2 guys in the 1st, who really aren't full on definites to being better then some of the other safetys not ranked as high..

I mean, u got Baccari Rambo, Eric Reid, JJ Wilcox, Phillip Thomas, Duke Williams, Tony Jefferson, and many other S prospects who could be better bvalue then a guy like Elam or Vaccaro in the top 20.. And this is coming from a guy who defended Vaccaro since the very early part of the college season.. I just dont think hes that great of value for our team in rd1...

We got enough to get by right now at S, and its more a matter of after this upcoming yr, which as many know, a problem that looks like a problem now, cna end up not being one by this time next yr.. We will have a better idea about guys like Will Hill and if Stevie Brown is the real deal, and can simply draft a guy in the early rds or grab a solid bargain off the FA market if we have 2, or if we draft a guy like Rambo in the 3rd, give him some significant playing time going forward.. Its just not a super pressing need for this yr, albeit, i could see it of some importance and taking one in the 3rd-5th range, with eye on future more so then this yr...

+ Reply to Thread