+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Vacarro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I agree but you could say that about a lot of our positions. We *could* go into the 2013 season with our current crop of DE, DT, CB, S, OT/OG and even LBer (ugh). This draft is really wide open for us.
    Ya, but at DE we truly have very little to look forward to outside of Jason Pierre Paul.. Tuck will probably be gone, and who knows if Kiwi will even be around past this yr, and then its just Ojomo(i have some faith in him) and Tracy.. S seems more stable and a easier fix then DE and LB do, in my opinion.. Shoot, i think if u get Rambo in the 3rd, and have Rambo, Brown, Hill, going into next yr, assuming no other safety returns, u can add one "Mundy type vet" in FA'cy, adn again, be pretty much set at the positon...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    TO much value at the Safety positon this yr, as its really deep class, to go for one of the top 1or2 guys in the 1st, who really aren't full on definites to being better then some of the other safetys not ranked as high..

I mean, u got Baccari Rambo, Eric Reid, JJ Wilcox, Phillip Thomas, Duke Williams, Tony Jefferson, and many other S prospects who could be better bvalue then a guy like Elam or Vaccaro in the top 20.. And this is coming from a guy who defended Vaccaro since the very early part of the college season.. I just dont think hes that great of value for our team in rd1...

We got enough to get by right now at S, and its more a matter of after this upcoming yr, which as many know, a problem that looks like a problem now, cna end up not being one by this time next yr.. We will have a better idea about guys like Will Hill and if Stevie Brown is the real deal, and can simply draft a guy in the early rds or grab a solid bargain off the FA market if we have 2, or if we draft a guy like Rambo in the 3rd, give him some significant playing time going forward.. Its just not a super pressing need for this yr, albeit, i could see it of some importance and taking one in the 3rd-5th range, with eye on future more so then this yr...
    Man I agree. Said it in my first post. Was just saying I wouldn't be surprised is all. There's also guys like DJ Swearinger and Shamarko Thomas to add to your list also. There's an abundance of talent this year.

I REALLY like what Rambo brings to the table.

Vaccaro should be going around the #19 area.. I don't love the idea, nor hate it

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but at DE we truly have very little to look forward to outside of Jason Pierre Paul.. Tuck will probably be gone, and who knows if Kiwi will even be around past this yr, and then its just Ojomo(i have some faith in him) and Tracy.. S seems more stable and a easier fix then DE and LB do, in my opinion.. Shoot, i think if u get Rambo in the 3rd, and have Rambo, Brown, Hill, going into next yr, assuming no other safety returns, u can add one "Mundy type vet" in FA'cy, adn again, be pretty much set at the positon...
    Preaching to the choir brother.

Just trying to play to the lack of (seeming) interest shown as a draft day strategy Reese might be employing (sort of like taking Wilson last year was a bit of a surprise for most of us).

The point is we don't have a desperate need at any position (even LBer from a numbers standpoint) so that leaves our first pick kind of a mystery. I know a lot of us are thinking DE in the first (I know I am) but the field is kind of wide open since they snagged all those DTs from the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Man I agree. Said it in my first post. Was just saying I wouldn't be surprised is all. There's also guys like DJ Swearinger and Shamarko Thomas to add to your list also. There's an abundance of talent this year.

I REALLY like what Rambo brings to the table.
    Ya, Swearinger is a nice hard hitting S to look at also, and lets not forget Earl Wolff, who can cover some, as well as defend the run and is a leader on the field and very respected by his teammates...

I think Vacarro is going to go higher than most people think. He is a solid man to man player with safety size. All of these teams playing multiple TE sets and using that position for mismatches makes him a solid commodity.

Personally I think the this team needs a guy that can play single high or centerfield. KP was the only guy that could do that and it made a difference when he was on the field. Reid looks like the only safety with that skill set. I think 19 is high for him but the later round safeties seem to lack the skill set.

Eric Reid please

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    Eric Reid please
    in the 2nd?

I don't like KV. I could see potential off the field issues in the future. I like Rambo in the third, but if we did take a safety in the first I like Elam or Reid

Noway do I want to spend a first on Vaccaro. For starters I don't think our need nor the positional impact warrants our 1st pick and secondly with guys like Tony Jefferson, Baccari Rambo, Shamarko Thomas and Phillip Thomas all available much, much later in the draft it be silly.

+ Reply to Thread