+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Mike Mayock agrees with me regarding overrated Bjoern Werner. I told you so.

When you watch Werner, you see a try-hard, solid player, but there isn’t anything that really wows you. Mayock saw some things he liked calling Werner a “strong, tough kid with some technique,” but admitted that he didn’t “see any kind of twitchy edge speed” and that Werner is likely just a “solid base end.”

http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...sive-end-class

Banned
    Picking Werner at 19 is a remote-thrower. Terrible choice.

I think I'd prefer his teamate Xavier Rhodes in the first and then perhaps Alex Okafor in the second...I'm also warming up to Fluker in the first. The guy is and absolute beast of a human being and I feel his impact would be much greater then Werner's on a play to play basis

I don't take his opinion as worth anything the way he changes his rankings completely arbitrarily well after anything could even change them. He says things to predict the draft rather than evaluate talent. Like last week he suddenly decided Fisher is better than Joeckel. How could he possibly just decide that now? Nothing has happened. It's like Kiper claiming that if Teo runs sub 4.8 at his pro day, he's back on the top 20.

Mayock said he doesnt like Werner as a top 5 to top 10 pick, so you assume he means he is also bad at 19? At the combine, when people were still talking about Werner as a top 5 pick, Mayock indicated he thinks Werner should go in the middle/later part of the 1st round.

Did you listen to him because he also praises parts of Werners game too.

Oh and he talks about how the other guys suffered vs good competition, but notice he didnt say that about Werner.

Not to mention, Werner is Mayocks #1 ranked Defensive end.

Saying "I told you so" based on a 3rd party opinion that doesnt even agree with you kinda makes you look silly.

I agree with Mayock though, physically Werner does not project to be a great pass rusher at the next level...Do you really want to spend a top 20 pick on a guy who may only average 7-8 sacks a season?

I still want Warmack, Cooper, or Fluker in the first (one of them should fall to 19)... OL needs a serious infusion.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Isn't Werner Mayocks Number 1 ranked DE?lol So he must really not like Ez Ansah then, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I agree with Mayock though, physically Werner does not project to be a great pass rusher at the next level...Do you really want to spend a top 20 pick on a guy who may only average 7-8 sacks a season?
    Justin Tuck - 6.1 sacks per season.

Osi Umenyiora - 7.5 sacks per season

7-8 sacks per season from a strong side DE is VERY good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Justin Tuck - 6.1 sacks per season.

Osi Umenyiora - 7.5 sacks per season

7-8 sacks per season from a strong side DE is VERY good.
    I meant more like peaking at around 7-8 sacks ala Kiwi

Tuck in his prime 2007-2010 avg 9.9
    Osi in his prime from 2005-2010 avg 10.4

Also Werner is not near the run stopper that Tuck was/is and not near the edge rusher Osi was
    Last edited by juice33s; 04-11-2013 at 09:08 PM.