+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Mayock said he doesnt like Werner as a top 5 to top 10 pick, so you assume he means he is also bad at 19? At the combine, when people were still talking about Werner as a top 5 pick, Mayock indicated he thinks Werner should go in the middle/later part of the 1st round.

Did you listen to him because he also praises parts of Werners game too.

Oh and he talks about how the other guys suffered vs good competition, but notice he didnt say that about Werner.

Not to mention, Werner is Mayocks #1 ranked Defensive end.

Saying "I told you so" based on a 3rd party opinion that doesnt even agree with you kinda makes you look silly.

I'm referring to Mayock's scouting report on Werner. That he's a "try hard" football player who will never be anything more than "solid" in the NFL.

You don't spend a 19th overall pick on a "solid" player. You spend a 19th overall pick on a guy who will be a perennial Pro-Bowl player.

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    I'm referring to Mayock's scouting report on Werner. That he's a "try hard" football player who will never be anything more than "solid" in the NFL.

You don't spend a 19th overall pick on a "solid" player. You spend a 19th overall pick on a guy who will be a perennial Pro-Bowl player.
    Then why,at the combine, did Mayock indicate Werner should be drafted in the mid of the 1st round ? And why is he rated as Mayocks #1 ranked DE?

You are not telling the entire story. What Mayock is saying in that recording is in regards to Werner as a top 5-10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I agree with Mayock though, physically Werner does not project to be a great pass rusher at the next level...Do you really want to spend a top 20 pick on a guy who may only average 7-8 sacks a season?
    Being that our 15th overall DE is averaging 9 sacks, 7-8 for the 19th is about on track. .

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Being that our 15th overall DE is averaging 9 sacks, 7-8 for the 19th is about on track. .
    Including his rookie season which was meant as merely a developmental year is hardly a fair assesment, not to mention everything else JPP brings to the table.....Werner is not near the prospect that JPP is/was

I still want Werner, poo poo Mayock.. #19 seems like a good value

Justin Tuck - 6.1 sacks per season.

Osi Umenyiora - 7.5 sacks per season

7-8 sacks per season from a strong side DE is VERY good.
    Osi was rarely a strongside DE. Strahan, and Tuck were.

Justin Tuck - 6.1 sacks per season.<br>

<br>

Osi Umenyiora - 7.5 sacks per season<br>

<br>

7-8 sacks per season from a strong side DE is VERY good.
    Osi was rarely a strongside DE. Strahan, and Tuck were.

Including his rookie season which was meant as merely a developmental year is hardly a fair assesment, not to mention everything else JPP brings to the table.....Werner is not near the prospect that JPP is/was
    I was joking....but honestly unless its ansah, I don't want a 1st round DE...

Similar actually.. SImilar in size, football expierence, and where JPP lacked in on field production, Werner was extremely productive.. I think werner is as good as we can do in this draft and would form a work hard duo with JPP, with great size and run defense on both ends, and ability to overpower Tackles on both ends, and where Werner lacks in pass rush(he looks natural out there at end and i think will be fine as pass rusher), he makes up in Run defense and having a well rounded game with big time motor....

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I still want Werner, poo poo Mayock.. #19 seems like a good value
    Mayock would admit himself, hes been wrong before and will be wrong again.. So whos to say if this is or isn't one of those times? I'm sold on this kid, and hes my absoulute stud pick, as far as if i could have dream 1st rd scenario play out for us..