+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our Week 1 Opponent: Broncos?

According to a report coming from Mile High Sports (a Denver news outlet), sources claim that the Broncos will open up the season on Sunday Night Football...against us. While it's not 100% confirmed, and won't be until the NFL officially releases the schedule next week, sources say it would be a "major upset" if this doesn't happen.

While their schedule doesn’t officially come out for nearly two months, pieces of the Broncos 2013 slate are already starting to fall into place.

According to NFL sources, Denver will be featured plenty in primetime. Reports are that Denver will make the maximum five appearances in night games, and may even be one of the three teams that is allowed to be featured six times on Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Saturday nights.

One of those moments in the national spotlight is almost assuredly going to be opening weekend. NBC would like to feature the Broncos as the season premiere of Sunday Night Football, as they did in 2012 when Denver hosted Pittsburgh. That Broncos-Steelers tilt, which featured the regular season debut of Peyton Manning in a Denver uniform, drew a huge audience, becoming the NFL’s highest rated regular season game in 14 years.

The network’s wish list for Sunday, Sept. 8, is as follows:

1. Broncos @ Giants – Peyton Manning versus Eli Manning. The huge New York television market. According to sources, it will be a “major upset” if this is not the SNF opener.
    No surprise here. I think most of us probably saw this coming.

And unrelated to us, but just in case anyone is wondering, it is being reported that a Broncos @ Cowboys game on Thanksgiving Day is 100% confirmed.

http://milehighsports.com/2013/02/11/16036/

I'd LOVE to get the Broncos that early.

Get our Big Brother stomping out of the way early

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'd LOVE to get the Broncos that early.

Get our Big Brother stomping out of the way early
    I don't mind playing them Week 1...until I imagine Welker, Decker, & Thomas running loose on our secondary. Scary trio when your team is the one given the responsibility of stopping them. Not to mention, there will be no blueprint or gameplan for us to take good or bad hints from.

This is really what I figured, then probably all of our easy games for the next 5-6 weeks vs weaker opponents. Then the second half meltdown.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    This is really what I figured, then probably all of our easy games for the next 5-6 weeks vs weaker opponents. Then the second half meltdown.
    I hate that second half meltdown!!! will this be the year we stay consistent in our winning ways?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    According to a report coming from Mile High Sports (a Denver news outlet), sources claim that the Broncos will open up the season on Sunday Night Football...against us. While it's not 100% confirmed, and won't be until the NFL officially releases the schedule next week, sources say it would be a "major upset" if this doesn't happen.

No surprise here. I think most of us probably saw this coming.

And unrelated to us, but just in case anyone is wondering, it is being reported that a Broncos @ Cowboys game on Thanksgiving Day is 100% confirmed.

http://milehighsports.com/2013/02/11/16036/
    Not surprised by it really but I thought CBS would clamor a bit harder for this game considering it is likely the last regular season game ever between the Manning brothers and that it would be here at the Meadowlands allowing only CBS to get the game if it came between them and Fox due to the rules that regular season AFC-NFC games go to CBS when the NFC team is home.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

lol am I the only one who thinks we have as good a chance as anyone to win that match?

GO GMEN!! It's about time for Eli to to beat big brother.

I'd rather play them in the first half of the season than the second half of the season the way things have shaken out under Coach Coughlin.

This will be Eli's last shot to beat his brother. In the regular season that is.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    lol am I the only one who thinks we have as good a chance as anyone to win that match?

GO GMEN!! It's about time for Eli to to beat big brother.
    Denver will be a very good team next year, so I definitely prefer to play them early, before they are tuned up and rolling along.

I see Peyton putting up 350 and 3TDs if we get him later in the year and they are humming along.

i think our chances at beating denver would go up tremendously if we had them week 1 and thus, a lot more time to prepare for them. i understand that denver too would have extra time to prepare for us. But, in terms of solving the puzzle that are NFL offenses, more time is required to solve Peytons than I'd think is required VS us.
    ALso, I'd prefer it week 1 or earlier, bc when we beat up on Denver, imho, it would raises elis confidence level even more and could propel him a mvp type year...