+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Dolphins at 12 - potential trade partner for us? per Rotoworld

League sources believe the Dolphins may actually trade back from No. 12 in the draft if the tackle trio of Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson is already off the board.
    The persistent buzz has been that the Dolphins are plotting an aggressive move up, but they're apparently willing to "trade back to take advantage of a deep draft." We still think a move up is more likely than down, but the Dolphins could target Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert if they move back a few picks. The Dolphins have a huge hole at tight end, and are said to "appreciate" the draft's consensus top TE. Apr 12 - 10:56 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert

It makes sense for the Dolphins to trade back to 19 to take either Eifert or Fluker if the top 3 OTs are off the board. TE and OT are huge needs for them and 19 is better value for Eifert/Fluker

Do you think it's a good idea to trade up to 12 and take Xavier Rhodes or Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper? What would it take to jump from 19 to 12?

Not really like us to trade up in the first.

I'd rather trade down in this draft.

Who would we be targeting to trade up for?

I don't see anyone worth giving up draft picks to move up 7 spots in the first. Maybe at the time of the pick for Ansah (if available) or Rhodes (if we have him rated that high)?

Highly doubtful though, given our history with draft day trades.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I'd rather trade down in this draft.

True, but if Chance Warmack is sitting there at 12, and the Dolphins are willing to trade, I'd pull the trigger

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Who would we be targeting to trade up for?

I don't see anyone worth giving up draft picks to move up 7 spots in the first. Maybe at the time of the pick for Ansah (if available) or Rhodes (if we have him rated that high)?

Highly doubtful though, given our history with draft day trades.

Chance Warmack is easily worth the trade up

You're talking about a likely perennial All-Pro guard that will keep the pocket firm for Eli and extend his career as he's getting older....and open up holes for the power running game

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Chance Warmack is easily worth the trade up

You're talking about a likely perennial All-Pro guard that will keep the pocket firm for Eli and extend his career as he's getting older....and open up holes for the power running game
    Well, Warmack is projected as a Top 10 pick so very possibly not available at the #12 spot.

However, if available you see the Giants trading up in the first round for an OG?

Haven't been following us long have we?

P.S. - That's not to say that Warmack isn't worth trading up for ... I agree that he looks like a blue-chipper all the way. I just don't see the Giants doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    League sources believe the Dolphins may actually trade back from No. 12 in the draft if the tackle trio of Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson is already off the board.
    The persistent buzz has been that the Dolphins are plotting an aggressive move up, but they're apparently willing to "trade back to take advantage of a deep draft." We still think a move up is more likely than down, but the Dolphins could target Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert if they move back a few picks. The Dolphins have a huge hole at tight end, and are said to "appreciate" the draft's consensus top TE. Apr 12 - 10:56 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert

It makes sense for the Dolphins to trade back to 19 to take either Eifert or Fluker if the top 3 OTs are off the board. TE and OT are huge needs for them and 19 is better value for Eifert/Fluker

Do you think it's a good idea to trade up to 12 and take Xavier Rhodes or Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper? What would it take to jump from 19 to 12?
    I have no player in mind at 12 for the Giants to trade up at this moment, BUT, if Ziggy slides to the Dolphins that's the only player I would like the Giants to trade up. If he slips he is not getting passed by the Saints, Steelers or Cowturds.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    However, if available you see the Giants trading up in the first round for an OG?

Haven't been following us long have we?
    Why do you think its cool to be such a condescending ***** to people?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I agree that if Warmack or Ansah are there, its at least worth considering.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson