+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

I realize that there are probably a ton of threads about this subject, BUT I wanted to start one with 2 weeks before draft and see what the popular pick is. So I ask everyone to name that player that they believe will be our number one pick (19th overall) and maybe a short 2-3 sentence why. Every 3 days I will read the replies and count the votes for each player and post the vote count leading up to draft day. Come on guys this could be fun!

Werner or Rhodes are my top two. If not them then Ogletree or Okafor.

Honestly my head is spinning right now not knowing what the Giants could target aside of someone sliding all the way to 19 th. My first and only mock has Ziggy to the Giants but that was 2 months ago. Now? My best guess is Ogletree, Fluker. That been said I pray some top 10-15 talent slides all the way to Reese's lap.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Honestly my head is spinning right now not knowing what the Giants could target aside of someone sliding all the way to 19 th. My first and only mock has Ziggy to the Giants but that was 2 months ago. Now? My best guess is Ogletree, Fluker. That been said I pray some top 10-15 talent slides all the way to Reese's lap.
    not sold on ziggy,,,he is more hype than substance but we will see. to hear people(not you) say he compares to JPP is laughable. dont see the Gmen taking any OL not named fisher or joeckel but they wont drop. I would love the pick to be ogeltree but I think it could be rhodes and then steal arthur brown in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe&Frank View Post
    I realize that there are probably a ton of threads about this subject, BUT I wanted to start one with 2 weeks before draft and see what the popular pick is. So I ask everyone to name that player that they believe will be our number one pick (19th overall) and maybe a short 2-3 sentence why. Every 3 days I will read the replies and count the votes for each player and post the vote count leading up to draft day. Come on guys this could be fun!
    I am hoping for one of these three guys:

Warmack - G - Alabama (Mauler)
    Cooper - G - North Carolina (Good at getting to the second level, similar to Randall McDaniel)
    Fluker - T - Alabama - brings a hard-nosed attitude to the O-Line

I think OL is the value in the first round, and there are a lot of good ones.

If Ogletree, Mingo or JArvis Jones are there, I wouldn't mind grabbing either of those guys.

Other Players I think would be good for us in later rounds:

Bostic - ILB - Florida - might be there in 2nd round
    Chris Michael - RB - Texas A&M (Reminds me a little of Bradshaw)
    Quinton Patton - WR LA Tech (He Brings baggage, but has a lot of talent) - good 3rd or 4th round pick
    MArcus Davis - WR - VA Tech - 6'3" 4.47 40 at the combine - good 5th round pick

In a season not loaded with Pass rushers, I think the Giants will look to stockpile at another position that you can never have too many talented players, cornerback...Being that we're already relatively thin there I think it would be an easy decision if either Rhodes or Trufant were on board

guys that I think will be there:

1- Werner
    2- Ogletree
    3- Trufant
    4- Fluker
    5- Datone Jones

Okafor, Damontre Moore or Trufant.

I'm still saving faith for Warbelly....he's my number one as far as having a chance to slip to 19. Has a case if Cooper is the 1st guard off the board.

My top 5 favorite prospects for the Giants (1st round) in order are:

Ziggy Ansah (zero chance)
    Lane Johnson (zero chance)
    Chance Warmack (slight chance)
    Xavier Rhodes (slight chance)
    Bjoern Werner (slight chance)

I want Cooper in the worst way. If not him then I want Rhodes. From there I'll just trust JR.