+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bjorn Werner continues to be my biggest hopeful on the board in RD 1 that we select... My personal top 5 big board would go like this, trying to be realistic..

1). Bjoren Werner DE Florida St- Very physical and strong, would make for a great SDE opposite JPP for yrs to come.. Has some upside as well...

2). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- Fell back to number 2, once i realized werner is actually a possiblity, and i did sour a bit on that dui arrest before the combine, but the overall upside, atheltic ability, and on field speed is to much to ignore.. LB has been a fairly bad unit for us for sometime and sorely needs a player to grow with the core and be the face of the unit.. I think Ogletree can be that player..

3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St- I'd rather trade down alittle and get em, but i do like both Fla St DE's alot, and i'm gaining confidence that Carradine is getting healthy, as his stocks kinda been rising again, and he was a 1st rd guy before the injury... Carradine hes great size and strength

4). Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St- The more i see of this guy, the more i think hes got the makings of a giants corner, with his size/speed combonation..

5). Datone Jones DE UCLA- I got a theme going with the SDE types,a s u can see.. Datone Jones is another power player from the end positon, that offers some versatility being able to lineup inside as well.. Very strong againt the run as well..

Woulden't mind- Warmack or Trufant..

Ther'd be a bunch of guys i woulden't mind in a ideal situation of trading down for picks.. I woulden't mind trading down for additonal picks and getting Margus Hunt, Kawaan Short, Kevin Minter, Jamar Taylor, or Larry Warford..

Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.
    Preach!

Hard question to answer because most of the guys that I would love to get (Warmack, Rhodes, Ansah, Lane Johnson) simply won't be there when we pick.

So I would have to say Werner, even though there is only a slight chance IMO that he will be there at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not sold on ziggy,,,he is more hype than substance but we will see. to hear people(not you) say he compares to JPP is laughable. dont see the Gmen taking any OL not named fisher or joeckel but they wont drop. I would love the pick to be ogeltree but I think it could be rhodes and then steal arthur brown in the 2nd.
    I think Ziggy is one of the most athletic players on this years draft. Before entering BYU football program he clocked a sub 11 secs. in the 100 mts, that you can't teach and has effective raw skills at this moment. Agree he is not JPP but I have a huch he could turn into something special if Tuck and JPP take him under their wings. The other player IMO that could slide to 12 worth or considerartion to trade up if some QB or other players leapfrogs is Lane Jonhson. My best guess who will be drafted by the Giants ( and hope so ) is some top 15 talent sliding all the way to 19. I don't think Rhodes will be available and for sure Brown will not either in the 2nd.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    For the same reason so many scouts have him as a top 5 LBer in this draft, he's freakin good. Is that the only game u watched of him? He's quick as hell as a former safety, hits like a train for his size, and can make plays all over the field... What round would u put him in?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I'm really liking Rhodes but doubt he'll be there when we pick.

I want to see Fluker or Cooper but I have a hard time seeing us taking OL in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm really liking Rhodes but doubt he'll be there when we pick.

I want to see Fluker or Cooper but I have a hard time seeing us taking OL in the first round.
    Cooper is a stud, plays with a mean streak and moves excellent in space, would love to have him.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

This draft will be an exciting first round for us. I have no idea who it could be for sure. Last draft i thought Fleener or Wilson. Reese may surprise us but i always trust his picks from now on. It could be Ogletree to fill a need or Werner, maybe Okafor. If Rhodes falls to us at 19 and we pick him, i'd be doin' jumpin jacks lol