+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS TO MEET WITH QUANTERUS SMITH! YEAAH

Finally we bring in a player i like, not goof off Teo. Q. Smith had 12.5 sacks b4 he tore his acl. If we can get him in the 4th, he'd be a steal. Post injury does worry me if he'll be the same player though. Below is the link and some his games vs. Bama and Florida INTL.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...stern-kentucky

He's being projected as an UDFA on CBS.

I'd think a 4th round flyer would be a bit high (then again we did take Adrien Robinson in the 4th too).

No way he goes Undrafted with the value placed on legit pass rushers.. This kid has Dwight Freeney written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    He's being projected as an UDFA on CBS.

I'd think a 4th round flyer would be a bit high (then again we did take Adrien Robinson in the 4th too).
    Other than the 1st round, projections are such crap.......he's definetly a guy team are going to jump at....didn't he lead the nation in sacks & get alabama's Oline for 3 in one game??

There's a game on youtube somewhere where he beats DJ Fluker pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    No way he goes Undrafted with the value placed on legit pass rushers.. This kid has Dwight Freeney written all over him.
    Not sure I'd compare someone who has a really low draft grade and most likely will start the season on the PUP list (if he makes a roster at all) with the 11th overall pick in 2002 who has over 100 sacks in his career to date.

But I'm silly that way.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Other than the 1st round, projections are such crap.......he's definetly a guy team are going to jump at....didn't he lead the nation in sacks & get alabama's Oline for 3 in one game??
    Yep ... that would be the same game that Alabama won 35-0 (the last TD of which Smith gets totally beat on).

He had two really good sacks ... one coverage sack ... and mediocre to bad run defense. Hardly a domination of their offensive line though.

But people will hype who they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yep ... that would be the same game that Alabama won 35-0 (the last TD of which Smith gets totally beat on).

He had two really good sacks ... one coverage sack ... and mediocre to bad run defense. Hardly a domination of their offensive line though.

But people will hype who they want.
    12.5 Sacks and 3 sacks against a championship team like Alabama is not hype or exaggeration. Though i'll give u he is dreadful vs. the run. Has some Osi to him. 35-0, since when is WKU known for their offense, Q. smith was probably the only player that showed up and made Fluker look like the upcoming fluke in this years draft. Don't be silly lol

I like this guy better in the 4th or 5th.

By the way, that Ogletree running that block kick back for the TD. He looks like a WR. Id love for the Giants to get him in the 1st to play that MLB spot, or even a OLB spot.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    12.5 Sacks and 3 sacks against a championship team like Alabama is not hype or exaggeration. Though i'll give u he is dreadful vs. the run. Has some Osi to him. 35-0, since when is WKU known for their offense, Q. smith was probably the only player that showed up and made Fluker look like the upcoming fluke in this years draft. Don't be silly lol
    I'll agree that two of those three sacks were things of beauty. And I like that he did them in different ways (nice flexibility too).

The third sack was just a coverage sack ... nice hustle and motor on Smith's part though.

Past those, he was fairly stifled. Had a couple of spots where his run support was decent ... couple of others where he looked prone to getting abused by an option offense and then had a total break down on an inside trap at the end of the game (last TD run).

If we blew a 6th+ round pick on him, I wouldn't be upset. I think up through round 5 however, there is definitive value to be had over the potential of Smith. Keep in mind that he most likely won't play in 2013 due to the ACL.