+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIANTS TO MEET WITH QUANTERUS SMITH! YEAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yep ... that would be the same game that Alabama won 35-0 (the last TD of which Smith gets totally beat on).

He had two really good sacks ... one coverage sack ... and mediocre to bad run defense. Hardly a domination of their offensive line though.

But people will hype who they want.
    You mean this late round pick isn't a future HOF? I don't care what he can't do, to get anyone with some kind of pass rushing ability in the end of the draft is more than ok...

All the talk about OG with our first pick and LB teo with the second. SOunds like we may go with a Q.Smith in the third or fourth.

Yep ... that would be the same game that Alabama won 35-0 (the last TD of which Smith gets totally beat on).

He had two really good sacks ... one coverage sack ... and mediocre to bad run defense. Hardly a domination of their offensive line though.

But people will hype who they want.
    Your being kind saying mediocre against the run

Not sure I'd compare someone who has a really low draft grade and most likely will start the season on the PUP list (if he makes a roster at all) with the 11th overall pick in 2002 who has over 100 sacks in his career to date.

But I'm silly that way.
    draft grades are over rated and to rely on them as gospel is silly,,,I wonder what victor cruz's draft grade was?

Would take Smith in the 3rd round

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    All the talk about OG with our first pick and LB teo with the second. SOunds like we may go with a Q.Smith in the third or fourth.
    No way in the 3rd, 4th if they're in love & know he won't last till our 5th..

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I like this guy better in the 4th or 5th.

By the way, that Ogletree running that block kick back for the TD. He looks like a WR. Id love for the Giants to get him in the 1st to play that MLB spot, or even a OLB spot.
    I like Cornelius, but I dont think hes a good scheme fit for the giants. He needs to be in a wide 9.

+ Reply to Thread