+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alex Okafor DE

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.

Alex Okafor DE

After Okafor's bowl game with 4.5 sacks, 8 tackles, and a forced fumble, many early mocks had him as a 1st rounder. After the combine where he did not run and a mediocre pro day, it seems that many DE's have surpassed Okafor in stock (Tank for instance in many I've seen). In a recent mock me and some buddies put together he was still lingering in round 2 for our pick at 49th overall. I know it's just some guys messing around but was looking for thoughts from some members here. Is it a pipe dream he's there for us round 2? At this point I really don't think it's that far outta reach. Thoughts? Especially why you feel his stock may have gone down?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I wouldn't pay attention to projections....scouts aren't dumb, I remember clay mathews/cushing/nicks we're projected as 2nd rounders & maualuga as a 1st by most....

Doubt he falls to 2nd round, could see the Jets picking him up in the 2nd way b4 us if by he does. Okafor was my guy for the Giants in my first mock draft, pretty much back and forth between him and the X man. I like Okafor over many of the other DE's because he plays the run so well as well as rushes the passer with strip sacks.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Ya. Guess the mere fact that he could be there is exciting, but It's prob wishful thinking. Would be awesome fit to our 4-3 and could be the other piece of bread to a JPP sandwich.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Okafor and JPP would give us two athletic bookends who can play the run very well.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I wouldn't pay attention to projections....scouts aren't dumb, I remember clay mathews/cushing/nicks we're projected as 2nd rounders & maualuga as a 1st by most....
    I remember that . . . . I couldn't believe that Maualuga fell to us and was crushed that we passed on him!

+ Reply to Thread