2. Kasheem Greene OLB
    3. Brian Winters OG / OT
    4. Montori Hughes DT
    5 Nico Johnson ILB
    6 Michael Williams TE
    7a Ray Graham RB
    7b Tyrone Goard WR or TJ Moe WR

A. Addresses our weakest units, LB and OL
    B. Adds offensive depth as we have starters across the board, for the OL Fluker starts at RT Diehl/Winters/Boothe compete for LG, then Ray Graham and Michael Williams can be steals late
    C. Gives us a DT to groom behind Joseph/Jenkins and whoever stays between the Rogers/Kuhn/Austin/Patterson group, my money is on Rogers but who knows, Jenkins and Rogers are old so we need to think long term, DT was biggest reason for DL failure as well as Tuck injury

serious question, when is the last time the Giants drafted OL in the 1st round?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post

When was the last time the Giants drafted RB in the 1st round when they picked Wilson last year?

What a stupid pointless f'n question

Veteran
    knowledge is power - not sure why him asking a question is pointless or stupid.

To answer your question the last time a OL was taken first round was 1999 - Luke Petigout. I think what manningup maybe trying to say is this isn't the best indicator of what may be drafted this year. Just recently the giants selected Will Beatty and Chris Snee in the second round so they do place importance on the position in the draft. There are 22 positions in the game (obviously 5 are considered oline and 2 de's and so on and so on) so those who claim the giants do and dont put emphasis on certain positions based on the first round are ridiculous. The giants love DE's right - since 1999 they have drafted 2 in the first round. Again it's meaningless - there's only one in a year.

I'm not with drafting a RT in round 1, round 1 Tackles better be on the left side

Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
    Prior to last year, when was the last time the Giants drafted a RB in round 1?

*hint* even longer than our current round 1 Oline drought.

Last year, all we heard was how the Giants wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on a RB because they hadn't in a long time.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-13-2013 at 06:22 AM.

If we draft Fluker in the 1st Round, that means we have absolutely no confidence in Brewer becoming the sucessor at RT after Diehl. I really like Brewer, even though Fluker is a good run blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    If we draft Fluker in the 1st Round, that means we have absolutely no confidence in Brewer becoming the sucessor at RT after Diehl. I really like Brewer, even though Fluker is a good run blocker.
    What is there to like about brewer?

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    What is there to like about brewer?
    Good Size, Quick feet, very good pass protector. Showed much upside last season, particularly the last few games of the season vs. baltimore and philly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Good Size, Quick feet, very good pass protector. Showed much upside last season, particularly the last few games of the season vs. baltimore and philly.
    I thought he never saw the field last year....