+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think it's a bad Mock; however, I think that Fluker has a few flaws that make him less of a value to the Giants in the first round. While he is solid in the run he is not all the great blocking up for the Pass. Now given the G'men's desire for balance we need an OT that can provide that. Second he is projected to the right side not sure you want to spend your first round dollars on a RT. Just my thoughts.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
    serious question, when is the last time the Giants drafted OL in the 1st round?
    People been saying the same thing about LBer but I really think its irrelevant. Reese has drafted 5 different 1st round positions and has only been doing so since 2007. Who can possibly say we won't go Oline or LB because "its not Reese's style?" That's BS if you ask me and I hope Reese proves the naysayers wrong. These 2 are some needy positions. Bottom line is only JR knows what JR wants and what he will do.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-13-2013 at 09:01 AM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Prior to last year, when was the last time the Giants drafted a RB in round 1?

*hint* even longer than our current round 1 Oline drought.

Last year, all we heard was how the Giants wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on a RB because they hadn't in a long time.
    Thats the difference with picking at 32. Picking top 20 you dont usually target positions like safety, or guard, or halfback.

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    When was the last time the Giants drafted RB in the 1st round when they picked Wilson last year?

What a stupid pointless f'n question
    Wow.....you're kind of a ****, arent you?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage781 View Post
    1. DJ Fluker OT
    2. Kasheem Greene OLB
    3. Brian Winters OG / OT
    4. Montori Hughes DT
    5 Nico Johnson ILB
    6 Michael Williams TE
    7a Ray Graham RB
    7b Tyrone Goard WR or TJ Moe WR

A. Addresses our weakest units, LB and OL
    B. Adds offensive depth as we have starters across the board, for the OL Fluker starts at RT Diehl/Winters/Boothe compete for LG, then Ray Graham and Michael Williams can be steals late
    C. Gives us a DT to groom behind Joseph/Jenkins and whoever stays between the Rogers/Kuhn/Austin/Patterson group, my money is on Rogers but who knows, Jenkins and Rogers are old so we need to think long term, DT was biggest reason for DL failure as well as Tuck injury
    I don't care what others say about your mock because its solid. IMO 4 potential future starters in that mock. I would only change the idea of drafting a RB and WR because I feel CB and S fit a need. Other than that I like it.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.