+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Werner vs Carradine V.2: a look behind the sacks

Warning: this thread is not to start a flame war, I am a NYG fan n so are U. I have nothing but respect for my bros on this MB. With that said...I think Carradine is better than Werner, shocker. I know Werner has like 2 more sack than him, n none of them came off of blitzes. But here something I feel is being way overlooked. We also need a DE that can also help n the run stop. An when it comes to run stop, I don't want another Osi. Here a fun fact to chew on gentlemen: Werner last year had 42 tackles n played every game. Not bad, but def not great. Carradine on the other hand only played 12 games... N had 80 tackles! He is more than a just a sack artist, he can help n be a different n stopping the run. With that said, I'm am NOT for drafting him in the 1st rd. I'm just saying, if he is around in the 2nd rd or if we could trade down, he would be worth it. Werner is not bad by any means either, it just when every time i watch the video, something is missing... He not jump off the screen for me. Yea I know, I'm not a expert. Just saying if Carradine available in a later rd, he would be a gem. N yes, we all know about his acl in November, but his recovery is going great. There is a real possibly he would only miss the first month of the season. With that said, if we did draft Werner, I would cuss, scream n throw my bottles at the screen. But on the next day I would big one of his biggest fans bc I am a NYG fan n I trust in Reese all the way.P.S: please let cooper, Johnson, or Warmack be available when we pick.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    How could you possibly be upset with Werner at 19? I doubt he's even there for the taking. This was discussed on another thread and my sentiment was that Tank is too much of a risk at 19 overall. His recoverys goin good, but who knows if he makes a full recovery? Thats a gamble. If we were 32 like last year it might be a little different, but I wouldnt feel comfortable with Tank in the 1st. I agree with you that if he were to be there in the 2nd, which could happen, then I think its a no brainer, but Im not Reese.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I want this guy..

Bench Player
    To Tailgatin: thx for hearing me out bro. Also, I really like ur 2nd rd pick.

There is no doubt that Tank was productive with his 80 tackles.

But you are absolutely wrong about Werner vs the run. He is extremely good at controlling his gap. You are assuming that because Tank had so many tackles that he is better, when in fact the reason he has so many tackles is because teams actively went away from Werner.

Remember, Tank was actually a backup prior to 2012 season and only the injury to Brandon Jenkins vaulted him into the starting lineup. So a lot of teams felt they should try Tank's side rather than the all ACC Werner's side.

I am not saying Werner is better or tank is better, I am merely saying that your implication that Werner is subpar vs the run is absolutely wrong.

Bench Player
    Ahhh, I read ur comments u always make on the MB Bluesanta, and I value ur opinion. What u say does make some sense.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.I 2 VA GMEN View Post
    To Tailgatin: thx for hearing me out bro. Also, I really like ur 2nd rd pick.
    Ya if only Okafor would be there. For some reason either his stock went down or other DEs rose cuz I see him goin a lot in early to mid 2nd round now but no one ever knows for sure. It could be possible that either he or Tank are there at 49. That'd be awesome and I'd shart my pants over either one for that value. Now if only JR felt the same and one of em is there.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson