+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: titwio's "Rip My Head-Off" Final Mock

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

titwio's "Rip My Head-Off" Final Mock

Since people are posting their final mocks, I decided to do the same. This time I'm PREPARED for the bashing....BRING IT ON!

First Round: (Not doing trades)

1) Kansas City: Luke Joeckel OT A&M
    2) Jacksonville: Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
    3) Oakland: Geno Smith- QB WV
    4) Philly: Star Lotulelei- DT Utah
    5) Detroit: Eric Fisher- OT CM
    6) Cleveland: Ezekiel Ansah- DE BYU
    7) Arizona: Lane Johnson- OT Oklahoma
    8) Buffalo: Jonathan Cooper- G NC
    9) New York (J): Barkevious Mingo- OLB LSU
    10) Tennessee: Sharrif Floyd- DT Florida
    11) San Diego: Dee Milliner- CB Alabama
    12) Miami: Xavier Rhodes- CB FSU
    13) Tampa Bay: Bjoern Werner- DE FSU
    14) Carolina: Cordarrelle Patterson
    15) New Orleans: Sheldon Richardson
    16) St.Louis: Tavon Austin- WR WV
    17) Pittsburgh: Jarvis Jones- OLB Gerogia
    18) Dallas: Kenny Vaccaro- S Texas

***New York Giants*** ::are on the clock::

NYG's Big board - DJ. Fluker, Chance Warmack, Desmond Trufant, Cornelius Carradine, Manti Te'o, Jonathan Cyprien, Arthur Brown, Jonathan Banks.

With the 19th overall pick the NY Giants select: Chance Warmack G Alabama

Full Mock: *(draft profiles included have combine performances and measurables)

1st: Chance Warmack G Alabama- The more I thought about it the more I can see Chance making it to 19. DeCastro was a sure fire top 10-15 by most last year. He slid and the fact there are two this year with many hyping Cooper lately for his athleticism and versatility....I don't think this may be a stretch as most of us believe. (At least that's what I'm telling myself)
    *Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ack?id=2539194

2nd: Jamar Taylor CB Boise.ST- The Giants have a lot of ways they can go here but Taylor has been gaining a lot of steam lately and is considered a borderline 1st rounder. The Giants see the value and the need and take the CB 51st overall.
    *Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lor?id=2539932

3rd: Sio Moore LB UCONN- One of my favorite LB's in the draft. Athletic, tough and versatile. Sheds well, can rush the passer and cover. I think he's best suited at SLB cause he can get after the QB but I think the Giants can mold him to play any of the backer positions because of his strength and athleticism.
    *http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sio-moore?id=2539220

th: Devin Taylor DE SC - A lot of people on this forum are big on Taylor for his excellent size and mid round value. Taylor was the player that stood out to me the most at the East/West game and dominated against top competition. He'd fit right in with the Giants DE stable and be a great addition.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/devin-taylor?id=2539304

th: Reid Fragel OT OSU- Definitely a Reese kind of guy IMO. 6'8 310 converted former TE turned OT. Big and athletic with a high ceiling. He's still learning the position but his upside is major and too much to pass up. I can see Pat Flaherty salivating over getting the opportunity to coach him up.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/reid-fragel?id=2539651

th: Josh Boyd DT Miss ST- DT is a need for the Giants and they take the best one available. Was overshadowed by Fletcher Cox at Miss.ST but he had a productive season in his absence last year. Big and disruptive presence in the middle. Can move the pile and get after the QB.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...oyd?id=2539263

7th: R.R. Armstrong S Miami- He didn't play in 2012 and was ineligible for off the field problems. The thing is he's a physical specimen. 6'3 216 and fast and physical. This is a great time to take a chance on this kind of prospect. If the Giants can set him straight they could have another huge steal in the 7th round. Another great talent at safety from the "U".
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ong?id=2540320

7th: Ray Graham RB Pitt- One of my favorite backs before his knee injury in 2011. Was really shifty and highly explosive. Would have gone much higher if not for the injury. He ran a bad 40 time but he's showed signs of regaining some of explosion before the 2012 season ended. He'll be two years removed from the injury and if he gets back to form the Giants can get themselves a really nice steal here.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ham?id=2539295

Goodbye and thank you for reading...

Last edited by titwio; 04-13-2013 at 08:20 PM.

I wish i could i agree with you. But don't think Cooper will be chosen b4 Warmack. Cooper is more athletic and upside possibly, but not the Run blocker Warmack is, he can push DT's back. Cooper is excellent in pass protection, stout, but being that grinder opening holes for wilson he is not. I really like Devin Taylor, his athleticism, excellent at closing in on runners. Either him or Q.Smith i'd be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I wish i could i agree with you. But don't think Cooper will be chosen b4 Warmack. Cooper is more athletic and upside possibly, but not the Run blocker Warmack is, he can push DT's back. Cooper is excellent in pass protection, stout, but being that grinder opening holes for wilson he is not. I really like Devin Taylor, his athleticism, excellent at closing in on runners. Either him or Q.Smith i'd be happy with.
    I like Warmack over Cooper too but I'm not alone in thinking Cooper may go first. Infact the last 5 mocks I've read have Cooper going around top 10 and before Chance. Most of the analysts on NFLN's Path to the Draft like Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Casserly, Charles Davis etc... are riding Cooper higher.

I love Warmack.. but he's a pipe dream, don't think he gets past Dallas

I think Taylor & Moore are future starters here and maybe even Fragel at RT
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Allen Robinson, WR Penn State - (3)Jack Mewhort, T Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5a)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford - (5b)Tre Boston, S North Carolina
    (6)Russell Bodine, C/G North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I love Warmack.. but he's a pipe dream, don't think he gets past Dallas

I think Taylor & Moore are future starters here and maybe even Fragel at RT
    I've been guilty of saying the same thing about Warmack but honestly, he is a guard. DeCastro was considered the same last year as he was getting Steven Hutchinson like comparisons too.

The more I thought about it the Giants do have chance he slides. Teams often get swayed by the "sexy" pick in the 1st. Dallas does have a need at guard but they also have a need at S and DE and have shown strong interest (from what I've read) in hometown favorite Texas' Kenny V.

Not that he isn't a great player and more than likely a perennial blue-chipper but I just don't see the Giants selecting an OG in the first.

And didn't we just see this exact scenario play out last year with Cordy Glenn and a couple of years ago with Mike Iupati?

There is no way Warmack gets passed by the Cowturds.
    I love Jamar Taylor but don't think he will make it all the way to 49 th. If he is there and gets pick by the Giants that will make my entire draft, lights out.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I like Warmack over Cooper too but I'm not alone in thinking Cooper may go first. Infact the last 5 mocks I've read have Cooper going around top 10 and before Chance. Most of the analysts on NFLN's Path to the Draft like Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Casserly, Charles Davis etc... are riding Cooper higher.
    I do feel Cooper could go before Warmack or they could be drafted one next to the other. I like Cooper's nasty play and mean streak and he is far a superior athlete than Warmack.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

You guys are tough. I posted this same mock in another Giants draft forum and got nothing but great and positive feedback on the prospects. Every time I post a mock here people just look for a way to say "no way" and not much of anything else on the players....kinda funny but I've learned to expect it on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    You guys are tough. I posted this same mock in another Giants draft forum and got nothing but great and positive feedback on the prospects. Every time I post a mock here people just look for a way to say "no way" and not much of anything else on the players....kinda funny but I've learned to expect it on this forum.
    It's an excellent mock (sorry I didn't say that before) ... just not one I see the Giants doing, at least in terms of the first pick.

Would it be smart? Yes. Is it the Giants MO? Historically speaking, no.

Past the first round the rest looks really good.

+ Reply to Thread