+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: titwio's "Rip My Head-Off" Final Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    It's an excellent mock (sorry I didn't say that before) ... just not one I see the Giants doing, at least in terms of the first pick.

Would it be smart? Yes. Is it the Giants MO? Historically speaking, no.

Past the first round the rest looks really good.
    Thanks brother. BTW: I listed a Giants big board of the best remaining players I can see them eyeing in that spot (posted as on the clock). Since you don't see them taking a guard, who do you see them taking there?

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Thanks brother. BTW: I listed a Giants big board of the best remaining players I can see them eyeing in that spot (posted as on the clock). Since you don't see them taking a guard, who do you see them taking there?
    Of the big board you have mocked ...

Quote Originally Posted by Giants Big Board
    NYG's Big board - DJ. Fluker, Chance Warmack, Desmond Trufant, Cornelius Carradine, Manti Te'o, Jonathan Cyprien, Arthur Brown, Jonathan Banks.

Cyprien and Banks are both second round guys (in my mind). If we DIDN'T take Warmack but took Fluker, I think Reese would need to be fired on the spot (and I'm not a huge Fluker fan). Carradine has the ACL and I think we need a DE who can hit the ground running. Teo has an imaginary girlfriend who I think would get jealous of the time commitment involved (sorry, got no room for drama queens ... imaginary or not).That leaves me with Trufant and Brown. I'd take Brown, even in the first ... but I think the Giants would take Trufant as the "safe" pick and I couldn't fault them for it. I wouldn't jump for joy but I wouldn't be hating on the pick either.

You guys are tough. I posted this same mock in another Giants draft forum and got nothing but great and positive feedback on the prospects. Every time I post a mock here people just look for a way to say "no way" and not much of anything else on the players....kinda funny but I've learned to expect it on this forum.
    I had Jonathan Cyprien has my 7 round draft choice ( in my only mock daft to date ) at safety precombine and presenior bowl, he was a 7 round draft prospect, now ? he is projected to go late 1st or 2 nd round, go figure.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I had Jonathan Cyprien has my 7 round draft choice ( in my only mock daft to date ) at safety precombine and presenior bowl, he was a 7 round draft prospect, now ? he is projected to go late 1st or 2 nd round, go figure.
    Haha....not only that but many have him as the number one safety right now over Vaccaro and the first safety off the board. I've even heard talk of him going top 15.

Combine and Senior Bowl / Shrine Game tend to reshuffle a lot of projections.

Don't be surprised to see Cyprien split the difference and go in the 4th.

Round 4 is crazy....I'm willing to make you a friendly bet he goes no later than top 40. Winner gets "I told you so" bragging rights (that's major around these parts I'm told).

You in?

Round 4 is crazy....I'm willing to make you a friendly bet he goes no later than top 40. Winner gets "I told you so" bragging rights (that's major around these parts I'm told).

You in?
    Let's do it!

Let's do it!
    Loser has to put "I was told so by Kruunch or titwio" in their sig for at least a month. (Now I'm starting to get nervous....this could be traumatic for me)

Yep, I do see him going 3 rd or early 4th.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Yep, I do see him going 3 rd or early 4th.
    He'll be a Bengal at 21st overall.

+ Reply to Thread