+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    2nd? He'll be there in the 3rd, possibly 4th.
    Hopefully, but I think he gets picked up in Round 2. He produced at Florida, and backed it up with a very god combine.

We'll see. I hope we can get him.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    Hopefully, but I think he gets picked up in Round 2. He produced at Florida, and backed it up with a very god combine.

We'll see. I hope we can get him.
    He is impressive, but Im hopeful we go LBer in 1st or 2nd (wishful thinking) and dont see Bostic as a top 50. If we dont go LB by round 3 I like the pick.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    He is impressive, but Im hopeful we go LBer in 1st or 2nd (wishful thinking) and dont see Bostic as a top 50. If we dont go LB by round 3 I like the pick.
    Top 50 is really high for him. I dont even think he is Top 100.. Lets compare him as a prospect to Giants 5th round pick in 2008 Jonathan Goff. Look at their measurables, pretty similar.Both come from the SEC and it's my opinion Goff had better tape then Bostic. Inside LB's are a position that is consistently over valued before the draft.More likely then not if their not going early they drop a round or 2 from where they are getting projected.Just look at past drafts as examples.

**********************************Combine

****************** Jonathan Goff *******Jon Bostic

Height/Weight ******* 6'2 245**********6'0 1/2 245

40 time**************** 4.63 ***************4.59

20yd******************* 2.64 ***************2.61

10yd********************1.50****************1.59

Bench*******************28******************22

Vertical*****************31 1/2**************32 1/2

Shuttle******************4.26*************** 4.24

3Cone******************6.86****************6.99

Broad*******************9'10****************9'10
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-14-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Top 50 is really high for him. I dont even think he is Top 100.. Lets compare him as a prospect to Giants 5th round pick in 2008 Jonathan Goff. Look at their measurables, pretty similar.Both come from the SEC and it's my opinion Goff had better tape then Bostic. Inside LB's are a position that is consistently over valued before the draft.More likely then not if their not going early they drop a round or 2 from where they are getting projected.Just look at past drafts as examples.

**********************************Combine

****************** Jonathan Goff *******Jon Bostic

Height/Weight ******* 6'2 245**********6'0 1/2 245

40 time**************** 4.63 ***************4.59

20yd******************* 2.64 ***************2.61

10yd********************1.50****************1.59

Bench*******************28******************22

Vertical*****************31 1/2**************32 1/2

Shuttle******************4.26*************** 4.24

3Cone******************6.86****************6.99

Broad*******************9'10****************9'10
    Seems the giants covet MLB's that play tough, physical, and defend the run, more then they do, finding guys that are really good against the pass.. They try and find football players for the positon, rather then athletic specimens, which is why i feel Ogletree might not be drafted in the 1st.. I could see a guy like AJ Klein or Kevin Red**** later on... I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Seems the giants covet MLB's that play tough, physical, and defend the run, more then they do, finding guys that are really good against the pass.. They try and find football players for the positon, rather then athletic specimens, which is why i feel Ogletree might not be drafted in the 1st.. I could see a guy like AJ Klein or Kevin Red**** later on... I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it..
    or Mike Mauti..

Lets hope he's gone.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

I have to admit I like Alonso; but Bostic should be there in 3rd or 4th round....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Been watching alot of Oregon lately for 2014 draft videos. He is Really fluid in coverage , mediocre run defender however. Could be a demon as a blitzer as he is really agile and fast..Problem with a lot of these guys is their WLB's'.. I feel that the Giants have a few capable WLB's on the roster already in Williams,Rivers,Paysinger. I think they need to invest in someone that can play between the tackles
    This.

Arthur Brown imo is the best MLB in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This.

Yes. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the first non pass rush LB taken.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This.

If we end up skipping LB in the 1st, I'd be extremely pleased if Brown was still lingering at 49 and Reese pulls the trigger. If not Brown, hopefully Greenes there.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson