+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    If we end up skipping LB in the 1st, I'd be extremely pleased if Brown was still lingering at 49 and Reese pulls the trigger. If not Brown, hopefully Greenes there.
    Or Sio Moore. Who I think would be an immediate starter at either Mike or Sam

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Or Sio Moore. Who I think would be an immediate starter at either Mike or Sam
    Thought he played outside? Not that I think many of these outside guys couldnt eventually learn the Mike

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Thought he played outside? Not that I think many of these outside guys couldnt eventually learn the Mike
    He did both for Uconn. He was primarily an outside guy, but they also played some 3-4 (or 50 front) where he was inside

He has the skill set to play inside. Sam would probably be a faster transition for him though

Nevermind Slip,
    Just watched a couple minutes of tape on him for first time. Seems like a versatile guy. Little small for the inside and gets bumped up a bit off blocks. Really want someone who'll be able to stack and shed a good game. Gonna check out some more when I have time. Doesnt look too bad at all tho.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Nevermind Slip,
    Just watched a couple minutes of tape on him for first time. Seems like a versatile guy. Little small for the inside and gets bumped up a bit off blocks. Really want someone who'll be able to stack and shed a good game. Gonna check out some more when I have time. Doesnt look too bad at all tho.
    6'1 245 is the same size as Teo, or Willis, or Bowman. He isn't the greatest stack/shed guy, but he's one of the better guys in this draft at it. Only a few are better. Arthur brown being one of them.

But Sio is a guy I would define as good at everything but great at nothing. He's a good blitzer, good in coverage, good at stack/shed. Good tackler. Good in pursuit.

He's probably a 8+ year starter. But will never make a probowl.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-15-2013 at 11:19 AM.

6'1 245 is the same size as Teo, or Willis, or Bowman. He isn't the greatest stack/shed guy, but he's one of the better guys in this draft at it. Only a few are better. Arthur brown being one of them.

But Sio is a guy I would define as good at everything but great at nothing. He's a good blitzer, good in coverage, good at stack/shed. Good tackler. Good in pursuit.

I think Sio Moore is just the kinda LB that can turn around our misfortune at the positon.. A guy who can cover, blitz, defend the run, has speed, power, acceleration..etc He really is a good looking prospect, which i've been saying for some time now.. And hes not a guy who didn't produce on the field, and is taken based on athletic ability and all that non sense..

He reminds me of Navarro Bowman, as a guy who for some unknown reason, drops past the 1st , early 2nd rd, for some inexplicable reason, and when said and done, will play way better then where he was drafted.. Bowman 2 was a very productive player at LB U, and had all the measurables and athletic ability but for some reason, the draft pundits found em not good enough for top rds, and he feel unnessecarily, and teams not wish they took em alot earlier..

My best friends a diehard 9ers fan, and he says, if u watch every 9ers game last yr, Bowman, not willis was the best defender on that team..

If we end up skipping LB in the 1st, I'd be extremely pleased if Brown was still lingering at 49 and Reese pulls the trigger. If not Brown, hopefully Greenes there.
    If Brown was available in the 2nd and we didn't take him I'd be really upset (more upset than I was for us not taking Sean Lee a couple of years ago).

I wouldn't be upset if we pulled the trigger in the first round on him (we need the LBer help that badly imo).

Ironically, that's the general consensus of Arthur Brown ... not a highlight guy but always doing his job (the model of consistency).

I wouldn't mind Sio Moore in the 2nd round if that were our first LBer chosen. I wouldn't feel as excited about him as Brown (or even Greene), but I definitely would feel like our LBing corps improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If Brown was available in the 2nd and we didn't take him I'd be really upset (more upset than I was for us not taking Sean Lee a couple of years ago).

I wouldn't be upset if we pulled the trigger in the first round on him (we need the LBer help that badly imo).
    Looks like we can get along after all Id take him in the 1st if Ogle was out of Reese's equation. Im sure some fans wouldnt like the pick tho in the 1st. I agree Greene over Moore as well.

- Homer J. Simpson

Kruunch,
    Thoughts on Minter? He's the one LB in this group I dont know how I feel about. Havent watched much tape on him, but he looked good in the little Ive seen.

- Homer J. Simpson