+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: menelik watson for giants in the 1st?

Would anyone like it if the giants traded back and grabbed an extra 3rd. Then took Watson round 1 and Larry Warford in round 2 to revamp the online. And drafted two defenders with our 3rd round picks?

If Mingo, Ansah, jones, or Rhodes aren't available when we pick (which they probably won't be) their is no one I'm really that interested in at our spot. Finding a trade partner would be the challenge.

Please say that this is not Jerry Reese posting this!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    Would anyone like it if the giants traded back and grabbed an extra 3rd. Then took Watson round 1 and Larry Warford in round 2 to revamp the online. And drafted two defenders with our 3rd round picks? If Mingo, Ansah, jones, or Rhodes aren't available when we pick (which they probably won't be) their is no one I'm really that interested in at our spot. Finding a trade partner would be the challenge.
    I wouldn't be a fan of this, don't want a project tackle in the 1st

Put it this way, I'll need to buy 2 new TVs.. and possibly a new computer]

That is a good one!

I like Watson. I love his athleticism and how it can translate into a tackle. But getting a guy who will blaze up field only to whiff at the guy he's uncertain if he's supposed to block might not go very well at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    He has just as much experience as Lane Johnson at tackle (2 years), would you take Johnson if he fell?

That is very misleading. Yes Watson has played Tackle for 2 years, just like Lane Johnson. But, 1 of those years was for Saddlebrook College. Oh and prior to that he was a basketball player, so he has 2 years of football experience.

Lane Johnson has always been a football player. He played Qb, TE , and eventually DE before being moved to Tackle where he played for 2 years, neither of which was for Saddlebrook college but rather Oklahoma.

I am not bashing Watson, but he isn't nearly as developed as Johnson right now. He has all the potential in the world tho.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-15-2013 at 03:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread