+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones?

Jarvis Jones?

I've seen some mocks with him sliding down all the way to 17. Could possibly fall to us, in my opinion is the best OLB edge rusher in the draft. Rather Jones than mingo. My only concern is his spinal issue, but he is a sack machine and heck of an athlete, can take over a defense. JPP and Jarvis Jones rushing off the edge would be awesome. He is my dream pick more than Warmack, to me he would be the sexy pick.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock ranks Georgia's Jarvis Jones as the top 4-3 OLB."Despite running 4.9 and despite the potential (spinal) stenosis, he's explosive and quick on tape," Mayock writes. "Most people think he's a 3-4 outside 'backer. He could play in either scheme. Pittsburgh (a 3-4 team), at 17, could love him. But I'm projecting him as a 4-3 SAM (strong side). I don't think he's as long as most of the 3-4 teams like. But he can stack the edge over a tight end. He has pass-rush ability which will add to his versatility. He just doesn't have that high-end elite speed. But to me, that's all he doesn't have. He plays hard."
    Source: Philly.com Apr 13 - 10:59 AM

If he's there, I think he's in the BPA conversation

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I've seen some mocks with him sliding down all the way to 17. Could possibly fall to us, in my opinion is the best OLB edge rusher in the draft. Rather Jones than mingo. My only concern is his spinal issue, but he is a sack machine and heck of an athlete, can take over a defense. JPP and Jarvis Jones rushing off the edge would be awesome. He is my dream pick more than Warmack, to me he would be the sexy pick.
    Kind of funny I just mentioned Jarvis. If he's there he'd easily be the BPA and the only reason I can see him sliding is because of the lack luster pro day. Unimpressive numbers and some noted they didn't like some of his responses. I'd the trust the Giants though to just go to the tape....he'd be a steal at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I would much rather have Mingo. Mingo is far more explosive. Had Mingo been used at LB or saw more snaps as a 9 tech he would of cleaned up. Far to often he was lining up right over a tackle
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-13-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Kind of funny I just mentioned Jarvis. If he's there he'd easily be the BPA and the only reason I can see him sliding is because of the lack luster pro day. Unimpressive numbers and some noted they didn't like some of his responses. I'd the trust the Giants though to just go to the tape....he'd be a steal at 19.
    You dont mention him sliding because of the spinal stenosis. Does he have to be cleared to play with that? I dont know much about it except it has been a career ender for other athletes, even in the NFL. Anyone know what his situation is?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    You dont mention him sliding because of the spinal stenosis. Does he have to be cleared to play with that? I dont know much about it except it has been a career ender for other athletes, even in the NFL. Anyone know what his situation is?
    Forgot to mention that but from what I've heard he's been medically cleared.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...r-nfl-football

Marcus Mcneil had to retire at 28 because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Marcus Mcneil had to retire at 28 because of it
    Yeah....I heard Jones' case is not as severe. All is hearsay though.... I'm not a doctor so if the Giants or any team took him, I'm guessing they know a lot more on the issue than I do. I really don't know much about the condition at all to be honest.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Forgot to mention that but from what I've heard he's been medically cleared.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...r-nfl-football
    Thanks

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson