+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jarvis Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    you didnt know that every single person on here know 10x more than Mayock & have better sources than him?
    Actually I didn't.. Dang, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    whoa! I agree about 1st, but why do u think so late?
    I don't think he is that explosive or a consistent enough pass rusher.

IMO, he's a blitzer, not a pass rusher

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't think he is that explosive or a consistent enough pass rusher.

IMO, he's a blitzer, not a pass rusher
    I'd suggest watching his highlights from 2011 and 2012. He rushes off the edge quickly and gets pressure consistently. 2 Time Consensus All-American and 2 Time First Team All-SEC. Has 26 total sacks for the 2011 and 2012 season combined earning 13.5 each year. Rated as the highest highest defensive player overall and was projected to be a top 3 overall pick in the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft prior to medical concerns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsBr8HqsEA

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I'd suggest watching his highlights from 2011 and 2012. He rushes off the edge quickly and gets pressure consistently. 2 Time Consensus All-American and 2 Time First Team All-SEC. Has 26 total sacks for the 2011 and 2012 season combined earning 13.5 each year. Rated as the highest highest defensive player overall and was projected to be a top 3 overall pick in the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft prior to medical concerns.

I've watched hours of his film. Thanks.

I don't agree on top 3 or that he's a great pass rusher. And I don't care at all about stats

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've watched hours of his film. Thanks.

I don't agree on top 3 or that he's a great pass rusher. And I don't care at all about stats
    Give me your eyes so i could see..we must not be watchin the same player, this guy was almost incredible and fast into the backfield making plays and sacks. But your entitled to your own mayock type assertions

you get my respect for the it was written cover...

2 issues with this:

1) You are ignoring his injury as if it doesn't matter. It does. In fact, it isn't an "injury" at all it is a condition that will not improve and is potentially very, very dangerous to play with. That condititon is more serious than the 1 that caused Da'quan Bowers epic fall in the draft, and he was considered a top overall pick candidate prior to his downfall. I know a doctor, paid by Jarvis has suddenly proclaimed "he is spinal stenosis free! halleluja!"But do you seriously think USC would kick this kid off the team if they weren't sure? Stenosis is an easily identifiable condition by use of X-Ray and MRI.

2) Even if you take his condition/injury completely out of the mix, you simply cannot ignore his pro day where his workout literally athletically ranked him in the very bottom of this year's linebacking class. HIs 4.9 40 and his abysmal explosion numbers.

I am not saying he isn't a good football player. He is, you dont get those type numbers in the SEC without knowing how to play. But, the 2 issues I list above are easily big enough reasons not to consider this kid a 1st rounder. The 1st reason alone is enough. When it was 1st reported, there were serious concerns that this kid may not even be able to pass an NFL physical. Think about the potential for legal trouble if a team were to pass him on the physical, only to have him get a serious spinal injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    If he is there, I would want to take him unless Cooper, Warmack or Tavon Austin are there.
    they won't draft a WR there unless we somehow lose Cruz between now and Friday. And even then I don't think they'd pull the trigger on a receiver in the First.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Unless they did with the extra pick they'd have
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread