+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones?

and jarvis jones would be the 1 pick id be content with over cooper/warmack only bc he would make an immediate impact on D. i dont think a player moved as explosively as Jones did last year. The guy plays at a different speed and you could clearly see that watching him play. I'm not talking vs only the competition, im talking about compard to his teammates too. He just moved at a different rate.

And I dunno whose the better prospect between Mingo/Jones (id be fine with either) but Jones proved he could play at an exceptional level the position Mingo hopes to transition to in the NFL. Also, I just think Jones is the better pass rusher. Not basing that on stats bc we know how they can be flawed, im speaking from a gameplay perspective. Jones just seemed to get way lower, play with more leverage, blow up the edge, and display an arsenal of moves Mingo hasnt displayed yet...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and jarvis jones would be the 1 pick id be content with over cooper/warmack only bc he would make an immediate impact on D. i dont think a player moved as explosively as Jones did last year. The guy plays at a different speed and you could clearly see that watching him play. I'm not talking vs only the competition, im talking about compard to his teammates too. He just moved at a different rate.

And I dunno whose the better prospect between Mingo/Jones (id be fine with either) but Jones proved he could play at an exceptional level the position Mingo hopes to transition to in the NFL. Also, I just think Jones is the better pass rusher. Not basing that on stats bc we know how they can be flawed, im speaking from a gameplay perspective. Jones just seemed to get way lower, play with more leverage, blow up the edge, and display an arsenal of moves Mingo hasnt displayed yet...
    Well said, he does play at a different speed especially off the edge. It's true too they would be trying to convert Mingo from a DE to a SLB, as opposed to Jones's natural position.. My concern was why he ran so slow at the combine 4.9? i mean i'd figure at least 4.6 like ogletree. He looks way faster in games, unless there may be something medical they are concealing so his draft stock doesn't fall.

Mark Herzlich runs a 4.9...just to put that in perspective, and Herzy has awesome instincts. JJ will bring us no GOOD TIMES!

**Did you see what I did there...did you see what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Mark Herzlich runs a 4.9...just to put that in perspective, and Herzy has awesome instincts. JJ will bring us no GOOD TIMES!

**Did you see what I did there...did you see what I did there?
    Yes, but that was to be somewhat expected from a guy who just had cancer and is not known for his speed or athleticism to begin with. JJ from the show Good times?? lol okie dokie.

No interest at all in Jones. Dont even think hes worth a first round pick. Think hes a mid-late 2nd rounder. And thats if he is completely cleared medically.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No interest at all in Jones. Dont even think hes worth a first round pick. Think hes a mid-late 2nd rounder. And thats if he is completely cleared medically.
    whoa! I agree about 1st, but why do u think so late?

Don't think Jones or Mingo fit well with the Giants, both are better suited to be 3-4 OLB's.

GET WELL SOON

I would prefer Mingo over Jones. He is much more explosive than Jones although the tape does prove that Jones can make plays. I just think that he might not have the same success in the NFL because of the fact that everyone in the NFL is much more explosive as a whole compared to college. Although he did play in the SEC and they have their fair share of freaks of nature in that conference. Jones' health also has me a little nervous, spine issues are never good things to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Don't think Jones or Mingo fit well with the Giants, both are better suited to be 3-4 OLB's.
    Mayock claims Javis Jones is the best 4-3 OLB in this draft.. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Mayock claims Javis Jones is the best 4-3 OLB in this draft.. Just saying
    you didnt know that every single person on here know 10x more than Mayock & have better sources than him?

+ Reply to Thread