+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old User Names?

Bench Player

Old User Names?

Sorry if this shouldn't be in this section.

So I was rummaging through the board today and realized someone made a new account recently. It seems like for the whole season I couldn't A.] Sign in, B.] Recieve any Emails from the MB and C.] Create New Accounts.

I managed to find a few posts that explained the problems the MB had been having.

So my big question is, will those of us affected by the new MB system[or what not] be able to reset/recieve new PW's for our OLDER ACCOUNTS, or are they all lost? Either way, good to be able to sign in.

Bench Player

Re: Old User Names?

I experienced the same issues. Not only would the system not reset my password, it wouldn't let me create a new account. This occurred for many months. In addition, there was no way to contact a mod or admin because I couldn't sign in. Completely ridiculous.

All-Pro

hope this doesn't happen to me!

I couldn't sign in yesterday with either usernames that I have. One of the usernames is old and the other is current. I also did not get a password reset response. Things did clear up at the end of the day though.

Thought I was banded for cursing too much. The Giants peformnace tends to do that to me....lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player

And I thought I was the only one. I even found a gmail account to contact the mods--who never responded--and I asked my son to use his account to contact mods--who never responded. Before that, I tried a couple of different email accounts to set up an identity and never received the confirmatory email. Finally, I was able to create an identity and the process just went through without requiring a confirmatory email.

The original poster mentions links explaining the problem. Could you pos it?

we shut registration down for a year and the software for the boards is outdated so some features do no work properly. This is why we are planning on switching message boards.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

This is the third user name I have had since I joined back in 2005..The first 2 were both made unusable by the board.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Bench Player

Thanks for posting this CruzMissle. I've been a member of these boards since Week 17 of 2002, when the Giants needed to beat the Eagles to get into the playoffs (which they did, and then had the disaster against the 49ers) and have spent this entire season unable to log in. It's not the first time it's happened either. The excuses by the Mods is ridiculous. There is no reason for users to have to deal with this garbage, and for the mods to never respond to emails is an indication of their sincerity in finding a permanent resolution. This shouldn't be a forum for the select few who post 200 times a week. I generally only post 4 or 5 times a year, but that doesn't mean I, or the others like me, shouldn't be able to.

[quote user="UFGiantFan"]Thanks for posting this CruzMissle. I've been a member of these boards since Week 17 of 2002, when the Giants needed to beat the Eagles to get into the playoffs (which they did, and then had the disaster against the 49ers) and have spent this entire season unable to log in. It's not the first time it's happened either. The excuses by the Mods is ridiculous. There is no reason for users to have to deal with this garbage, and for the mods to never respond to emails is an indication of their sincerity in finding a permanent resolution. This shouldn't be a forum for the select few who post 200 times a week. I generally only post 4 or 5 times a year, but that doesn't mean I, or the others like me, shouldn't be able to.[/quote]

Yea I waited over 3 weeks no emails or anything. I had to call giants public relations to get on. Its a joke. If you call public relations they will get you on in less then one min. I gave him a piece of my mind about how they not accepting new members and why not disable forum registration or at least put a sticky or something. I was told that this was not the case and that I must of fell through the cracks or something. So according to the admin of Giants.com they are accepting new members maybe the mods here should have a talk with the admins and fix this problem. And please put a sticky with a way to contact someone if they having problems signing up. Fans should not have to google it to find a way.
    This is the info I got from google I called the (201)935-8111 number and was up in less then 1 min.
    Pat Hanlon
    New York Giants
    Giants Stadium
    East Rutherford, NJ 07073
    (201)935-8111
    Fax (201)935-8493
    hanlon AT giants.nfl.com

Bench Player

I have a degree in computer science, and can tell you that shutting down registration for a year because the forum is not up-to-date is an incredibly embarrassing excuse. Whoever is responsible for maintaining the board is clearly slacking hardcore.