+ Reply to Thread

The Inside Football 2013 Giants' Mock Draft: Round 3 ( 81st Overall)

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6017

Excerpt: "With their third-round pick, the 81st overall, I have the Giants selecting an inside linebacker.
    Why an Inside Linebacker?
    You might be wondering why I waited until the third round to discuss the inside linebacker spot. Very simply put, the inside linebacker, on this defense at any rate, is projecting to be a two-down player. And unless you have a legitimate shot at getting a stud at this position that makes it hard for you to him take off the field, you’re probably better off waiting until later in the draft to address the position.

Right now, my best guess is that Jacquian Williams and Keith Rivers (assuming the latter stays healthy) will be the every down outside linebackers. If that is indeed the thinking, then the Giants can go for a value pick at this position.

The other issue with inside linebacker is depth. The team signed Dan Connor, who will compete with Mark Herzlich to be the starter.

Behind Herzlich? Ah, good question. Jake Muasau, who impressed last spring before having his chance cut short due to injuries, will be getting another shot to make the roster, but at this point in his development, is he anything more than a special teamer?

Spencer Paysinger
    ? He has played between the tackles in sub packages, but hasn’t played that position in the base defense and would project to be more of an outside linebacker." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It would be a decent pick. Bostic could be another option in the third round.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    It would be a decent pick. Bostic could be another option in the third round.
    I like Bostic alot, I had him my latest mock in the 3rd..

Well, we should have drafted Burfict in last years 7th RD for pennies. Wouldn't have been any risk for so little $$.