+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who want Ogletree

For those who want Ogletree

Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says he is "scared to death" of Georgia LB Alec Ogletree as a first-round pick due both to off- and on-field concerns.
    Ogletree is a candidate to slide out of the first round because his character is a nightmare. "Im scared to death about Ogletree, both for on- and off-the-field issues," Mayock said. "When you put the tape on, he has no clue what hes doing. He looks like a safety that somebody plugged inside at inside linebacker. He just runs around." Mayock also called Ogletree's work ethic and passion for the game "question marks right now."

I posted this in the "look at the 12/13 NFL draft" section, I can't see him sliding out of the 1st round

His off the field stuff is scary, but on the field he looks like a pro bowl LB to me

Need guys like Ogletree for all this read option crap and to cover all the receiving TEs now..

I normally love Mayock, but I think he is off here. I saw him playing vs Alabama. The dude can play. He was tackling Lacy one on one, shedding blocks by Bama's Olinemen, and covering sideline to sideline showing he can handle.the read option mobile QBs.

Off the field, yeah that could be an issue though.

5trive for Fiv5

My opinion is changed now, because Mayock dosen't like em(sarcasm)..lol nah, seriously i think mayocks crazy on this one, the guy dosen't know what hes doing? He seems to be in the right place at the right time alot, and its not just because hes fast and athletic, its because he knows how to play the game and understandsd the play.. As he gets coached up, and adds a bit more bulk , hes gonna be one of the better all around LBs in football, as his instincts, speed, and athletic ability all ready rate at the top or the top of the MLB class for this yr... For teams looking for a guy who might lack a tad in run defense, but need a playmaker, and coverege backer, who can run with TE's and grab backers outta the backfield, and defend the running QB's in the league, then Ogletrees ur guy.. If he adds alittle bulk and strength, and starts consistently disengaging blocks in the run game, he'll be a complete beast!

I just hope he's more than a Will LB (at least if he's drafted by the Giants).. I like J Will there

Mayock sounds like an Ogletree Hater lol. Drinkin that Hater-ade. Ogletree imo would be a nice athletic fit in the middle, almost like a change of pace LB'er. Dan Connor/Ogletree. Then i'd draft if Barett Jones is gone i think he'd be a good guard/center...Khaseem Greene to back up J WIll.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Mayock sounds like an Ogletree Hater lol. Drinkin that Hater-ade. Ogletree imo would be a nice athletic fit in the middle, almost like a change of pace LB'er. Dan Connor/Ogletree. Then i'd draft if Barett Jones is gone i think he'd be a good guard/center...Khaseem Greene to back up J WIll.
    We could be long lost brothers.. Ogletree / Jones is where it's at..

[QUOTE=Carter.525;735953]We could be long lost brothers..

Brother from anotha mother lol.....thinkin' on that Wayans Brothers song We're brothers we're happy and we're singing and we're colored, gimme a high FIVE

Then there's this from Mcshay.

+ Reply to Thread